The Cryptolambo had gone to the moon... Time for Cryptolambo 2!!!

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Out of interest, how many other cars were out there on the day?

Its a commercial testing facility, so there were some bits going on (watching the electric busses trundle around the bowl filled with headless manikins was entertaining).

But effectively, the place was to myself, so no waiting around or similar for others to finish.

Soldato
Its a commercial testing facility, so there were some bits going on (watching the electric busses trundle around the bowl filled with headless manikins was entertaining).

But effectively, the place was to myself, so no waiting around or similar for others to finish.
Possibly a reason why it's expensive as well then.

mjt

mjt

Soldato

Fair enough! I was wondering whether it was just you who booked it or whether it was part of a wider event, etc.
Sounds great :)

Soldato
So how many track days are you going do to put what you’ve learned in to action? Definitely not going to pass any days with noise restrictions :cry:

It’s a shame Milbrook is miles away from me, was good fun when I did half a day there a few years ago. Don’t think I could even get up to their office with my current track car though :D

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
Ah that’s a shame! You’ll have to let me know when you’re at Donny. I’ve only got 4 track days booked between now and the end of November :cry:

Tempted by the November no limits day, but they have always been rained off / half a day / cold as hell.

Not sure I want to spend the money on a coinflip, may have to wait until next year now.

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP
IMG-8994.jpg

The old esso premium was crap in the GTR, always giving knock.

But last year they reformulated it into a 99 ron, 0 ethanol and the general consensus is its pretty much the best you can buy right now.

The thing that finally got me to change was the 10p a difference in price.

Do I notice any difference? Nope not at all. Apart from its £10 a tank cheaper to fill up and feel dirty using peasant esso fuel instead of vpower.

Soldato
The new Esso is fuel is great. Even before it was 99RON it was the only fuel which didn't make my fuel pump chirp, think because of the lack of ethanol. However, its no cheaper than V-Power in my area...but my two nearest stations are Esso. Swings and roundabouts.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Ahhh, using your mobile phone in an explosive atmosphere (ATEX, zone 2). Good times :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom