• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

More GPU price increases!

Associate
I can't believe people are even discussing the 40xx lineup, what percentage of people that would want a 30xx series card have actually got one, I'd bet it's less than 20%.
I'm only thinking about it because my plan was always to skip this gen and buy next gen. I bought during Turing and always like to wait a gen to upgrade.

Soldato
I can't believe people are even discussing the 40xx lineup, what percentage of people that would want a 30xx series card have actually got one, I'd bet it's less than 20%.
Most people that want a card should have got one by now if they are willing to pay the ransom prices and for these that don't want to then waiting for the 4000 series is probably the best bet.

Associate
14/12nm was probably the last node before we got in the land of diminishing returns.
We will still get performance improvements, however the cutting edge is going to be more and more expensive, especially as GPUs are still going to be produced in competition with something else, be it crypto or AI.

Even within gaming, cloud gaming is gaining traction and you will increasingly find AMD and NVIDIA prioritizing datacenter gaming GPUs over consumer ones...

Soldato
14/12nm was probably the last node before we got in the land of diminishing returns.
We will still get performance improvements, however the cutting edge is going to be more and more expensive, especially as GPUs are still going to be produced in competition with something else, be it crypto or AI.

Even within gaming, cloud gaming is gaining traction and you will increasingly find AMD and NVIDIA prioritizing datacenter gaming GPUs over consumer ones...
The trouble is that price has increased faster than performance the last few years and if it carries on then many gamers will be priced out completely in a few years time.

Associate
Cex got caught out last time crypto crashed, they were stuck with cards they had paid high prices for that nobody was buying. They seem to be quicker to react now.
Ah I see, well crypto can be incredibly volatile so they might have pulled the plug a bit soon on that one but the idea makes sense

Soldato
Actually really liking the 3080fe. Looks amazing compared to the AIB styling. Really happy with it.

Still tempted to acquire a 3080ti and flip the FE. But to be honest I think I'm just happy as is.

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Yeah but those are hard to get aren't they? The non-FE ones are all huge and it seems to be the norm this series. Even 3060 Ti models.

I managed to get one last year without using alerts but I gather it’s not too tricky if you can be bothered to setup alerts currently.

Expect another FE drop any day now as the EU have just had some, so if you’re looking for one now, get those alerts setup.

Soldato
I managed to get one last year without using alerts but I gather it’s not too tricky if you can be bothered to setup alerts currently.

Expect another FE drop any day now as the EU have just had some, so if you’re looking for one now, get those alerts setup.
Had a fairly healthy drop last Monday. If we get one this week then I'd say that a good sign that stock is flowing.

Soldato
Ah I see, well crypto can be incredibly volatile so they might have pulled the plug a bit soon on that one but the idea makes sense
Ethereum is now down 33% from what is was a couple of weeks ago so I'd expect this to start filtering through to store GPU prices in a week or two.

Back
Top Bottom