Deathloop - from the people behind Dishonored and Prey

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Game looks and sounds great to me.

Only thing I'm worried about is the stuttering some people have reported - is this an issue for many people?
I bought it on saturday and refunded within the 2hrs. Thought I felt some microstutter but that disappeared when I turned vsync off, but then suddenly towards the end of the mission it grinded and froze to a complete stop. Was waiting for the CTD, but then it got going again. Restarted, and it happened again after 10 mins.

Was really enjoying it as well :/

Soldato
Been playing on PS5.

I'm not a fan of other Arkane games, but the style of this, and the voice acting has me interested.

It doesn't feel particularly revolutionary...just another take on the time loop formula with a generic shooter-with-powers mechanic and some stuff lifted from roguelikes.

A tentative 8/10 from me so far..done a few loops. Not seeing the 10/10 scores tbh...but will give it time, definitely enough to keep me going to completion.

Associate
Bought yesterday evening and played a loop and a bit before bed, getting as far as picking up the LPP
No technical issues for me as of yet and sat at around 80 to 100 FPS, locale dependent, at 4K maxed out (need to double check this when I get home from work as I may have forgotten to turn on ray traced shadows)

Enjoying it so far. Interaction between Colt and Julianna easily the most entertaining part of the game so far
Little worried about the length of the game as I've heard it's around 10 hours which is just not good for the price

Last edited:
Soldato
I've played 10 hours already and I'm not even close to completing it.

Spent a few hours figuring out the Heritage Gun last night.

The platforming stuff is incredibly annoying on the PS5, but still enjoying it overall.

Associate
I can't remember how much I've played overall up to now but I have Nexus and Aether slabs infused, Nexus with a reduced power cost upgrade, the legendary transforming dual pistol/SMG and the legendary sniper rifle infused
Jut going around trying to find as many secrets and bits of intel as I can

Caporegime
I found that the aether slab with the ghost upgrade (power doesn't drain whilst you stand still) and phase upgrade (taking damage doesn't make you appear) was really good against invading players in control of Julianna.

You are completely invisible even when they are right next to you. Makes ambushing them really easy.

Caporegime
I just got everyone in place, was in the evening and had killed the invading player controlled Julianna and all the eternalists I needed to and was making my way to the finale and poof - crash to desktop.

Kinda ruined the excitement!

Associate
Put in for a refund
I know I probably won't get it since I played 6 hours but the game crashing every time I click anything in my loadout between levels is just ridiculous

Edit: They refused it of course

Last edited:
Soldato
Put in for a refund
I know I probably won't get it since I played 6 hours but the game crashing every time I click anything in my loadout between levels is just ridiculous

Edit: They refused it of course

If it helps I had the crash when adding trinkets, turned off v sync and used the frame limiter and it worked fine from then on in :)

D3K

D3K

Soldato
Funny I had been getting it on weapon trinkets with about 75% success rate with HBAO+. Made going into trinkets an absolute chore, I was having to infuse first, exit to main menu to save the progress, then go back in and gamble on being able to mod without CTD.

Turned on RT Quality, and not seen the problem since.

Back
Top Bottom