Random Famous People You Met

Don
I met Prince Charles when I was at university.
I sat next to Trent Reznor at dinner in the early 90s because he was friends with someone I was there with
At that same dinner I sat next to Andrew Braybrook - 5 stars to anyone who remembers who he is
Had dinner with Alan Rickman in the mid 90s because he was friends with a girl I was dating at the time (he was patron of her dramatics society)

Associate
OP
I met Prince Charles when I was at university.
I sat next to Trent Reznor at dinner in the early 90s because he was friends with someone I was there with
At that same dinner I sat next to Andrew Braybrook - 5 stars to anyone who remembers who he is
Had dinner with Alan Rickman in the mid 90s because he was friends with a girl I was dating at the time (he was patron of her dramatics society)

Paradroid 90 and other classics.... Braybrook!

Don
5 internet stars to GR63!
At that dinner I really couldn't care less about Trent Reznor. I was far more interested in talking to Andrew about Paradroid, AlleyKat, Uridium, Morpheus, etc. etc.

Soldato
Calum Best.
Was at a friend's 30's and she'd invited him and a few other semi-famous randoms as she was some sort of talent agent.
Was stood next to him at the bar and he ordered his drink, I asked him wtf his accent was all about as it sounded odd, had a bit of a chat about his old man and him moving to the states and how he basically gets paid to go places and get free drinks and shag birds, got on quite well with him, kicked his ass at pool, not actually as much of a dick as he comes across on screen.

Also saw Neil Pearson in London as well, was out with a few mates, saw him, pointed and said "ooo its that bloke off of Drop the Dead Donkey, whats his name", and he sort of stood there and smiled waiting for me to get his name, I just said, oh ******** I cant remember and we all carried on with our respective days...

These days its just race drivers I tend to see, or Vernon Kay when out working..

Soldato
Saw Jarvis cocker out walking in the peaks with his other half during lockdown, he was walking towards us and I said to my misses ‘who does he think he is? Jarvis Cocker?’ Then was like oh crap it is him lol

Man of Honour
5 internet stars to GR63!
At that dinner I really couldn't care less about Trent Reznor. I was far more interested in talking to Andrew about Paradroid, AlleyKat, Uridium, Morpheus, etc. etc.

And once again, aside from the Nine Inch Nails Guy, I have no idea what someone is talking about, and after Googling, I thank the good Lord that I have f.a. interest in it either.

Associate
OP
And once again, aside from the Nine Inch Nails Guy, I have no idea what someone is talking about, and after Googling, I thank the good Lord that I have f.a. interest in it either.

Hey, one man's famous person or interesting topic isn't same as someone elses but live n let live.... ;)

Soldato
I just remembered the nicest celebrity I met, albeit virtually, and that was Alex Horne. I got him to do a taskmaster night for my teams and he carried on way beyond his contractual commitment after the event to hang around on zoom chatting about anything and everything. Definitely someone I'd like to have a pint with.

Met Yungblud (pop star lol) virtually and he was an absolute gent. My best friend who is his best friend (also guitar tech) randomly video calls me when he's with him so not set up etc.

I met Jimmy Eat World in Sheffield doing laundry at the laundrette before a gig too. Also Ian Watkins of Lost Prophets fame in Manchester...lets say I wish i didnt have that memory...

Man of Honour
I worked in an f/x setting at an airport for a while and we often had well-known people at the bureaux; musicians, tv actors, footballers and other assorted persons of varying fame: Robert Plant, Krept & Konan, Danny Dyer, Kara Tointon, Douglas Henshall, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Kieran Gibbs, John Torode, Steve Beaton (darts) are a few that I remember. Kara Tointon in particular was memorable, really sweet girl and a great personality.

The oddest was Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, purely because I had to do a KYC. 4am, as an Arsenal fan, knowing exactly who he was and what he must be earning, grilling him about his travel plans with Gibbs looking bemused in the background. An exercise in futility.

The most surreal encounter was Britney Spears. Late 2006, end of a world trip and the final leg was Los Angeles and Vegas. Touched down at LAX and got settled in our hotel. Other half decided to stay behind and rest, but I headed out with a friend, Chris, to find a place to eat. Decided to take a stroll down Sunset Strip as it was nearby and chanced upon a bar with a bunch of paparazzi lurking outside. I have zero interest in 'celeb' culture and was about to walk on by, but Chris convinced me to stop for a moment and he asked the paps who they were waiting for - it was Spears' 25th birthday party. This was thereabouts the peak of her fame, shortly before she went haywire. A couple of minutes later she arrived in a stretch black hummer and exited about 5ft from where I was standing, before the paps all charged in to get their money shots, scuffling with her bodyguards. Hung around for a short while and a few other Hollywood notables turned up - Chris Rock, the Hiltons, Stephen Dorff. Amusingly also watched the guy who played Nick Smith in Home and Away turn up with a couple of females on his arm and try and blag his way in, getting absolutely nowhere. :D

That was an interesting first couple of hours.

Proof positive that if you’ve got bundles of dough you lose touch with reality.
The average Joe wouldn’t dream of using an F/X booth at an airport, you might as well give your money away.

Soldato
Nothing too exciting, but met Matt Littler (Max from Hollyoaks) in a French ski resort I was working in back in 2001. Came into the ski shop for a board and I sorted him and his mate out with some brand new kit. Asked me where was good to go on the slopes and out at night and arranged to meet up. Spent a few days just buzzing about on the slopes and drinking in the evenings. Had a good night on NYE 2001, the other workers where like WTF. Good lad. Funny thing is not once did we speak about the fact he was on TV. He knew I knew, I knew he knew, I think he appreciated it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom