• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Noise reduction - Zotax 2080Ti AMP!

Soldato
So my PC is in the living room, generally its pretty quiet but for some reason of late my wife has started to notice the noise while I'm gaming and its beginning to get on her nerves.

So are there any options to reduce the noise output such as replacing the cooler? I could have course replace the TIM but I dont see that making a massive difference and then mess around with the fan curves but I'm nervous around not allowing the card enough airflow by doing this and dont want to damage the card.

Any help / advice appreciated.

Associate
A few options.

Clean and check dust filters etc
Set fan curves etc
Underclocking the card would reduce heat and consequently noise
Waterblock it (expensive but mostly silent)
Move to another room if you can :)

Caporegime
Undervolt.

You can reduce for example 80w of energy usage on the 3080 and gain performance from stock by undervolting.

Less volts means less heat means cooler running card which means less fan speed required.

Back
Top Bottom