Energy Suppliers

Soldato
You can’t switch until your new supplier picks you up. There is very little reason to switch until you know that the new pricing will be compared to the wider market. If you get put on the SVR then you’ll not get anything better by switching anyway.

The current advice from all the consumer gurus like Martin Lewis is not to switch if you end up on the SVR because the SVR is cheaper than anything else and looks like it will be for some time.

Ok, thanks for the info.

Soldato
Jesus this is a full scale crisis isn't it!?

I've a switch going through to Sainsbury's Energy on their 1 Year Fix and Reward v19 tarrif, which would be £55 a month for my usage. Although this is significantly higher than previous my previous supplier and 2019/20 prices, their newest v20 tarrif would be another £16 a month!

Associate
You can't even login to Avro to download your bills.

Luckily I downloaded the past 2 years worth of bills 2 days ago, except, for the September Bill.

I have £103 of credit.

Eon Next & Sainsburys don't even recognise that we have a gas meter.

Our current bills are about £43 a month, looking like it's going up to about £70. (Small 2 Bed Flat, Ground Floor, Very well insulated with just 2 adults).

Soldato
I left Green yesterday, was just waiting for the final bill and what should be a small refund from them, that might take a while now!

I have no big complaints really from the 17 months I was with them, I gave monthly meter readings (email reminder each month) and they produced a bill within a couple of days. Only issue was getting in touch which recently took too long.

E. Also did the Green Monday offer at the beginning of the year and had the foresight to ask for a refund in June for most of it.

Soldato
The previous owner of my house had Avro and they were an absolute nightmare with shocking customer service. Feel bad for those with them but more deserved company going **** up I can not find.

Potentially have a small gas bill from mid-august to the first week of September when they finally let me switch to Octopus. Not been invoiced though and the website doesn't show anything

Soldato
^ That was my assessment as well. Roughly 4p per kwh on gas and 20p per kwh on elec on the SVR, can't beat it really and I've searched.

Im on BG for gas on stanard variable, have been for ages i think, so is that basically the best place to stay at the moment?

Im with bulb for electirc, just requested my credit from them in advance of the worries about them going under, I assume best thing is to wait to shop around until i know where they place me for my supply?

Back
Top Bottom