Monitor quality control...is it actually getting worse? (Aorus rant)

Associate
Do Asus report the screen uniformity with the PG32UQX?

Colour is easy to calibrate by the end user, screen uniformity is not, it has to be done at the factory.

Nope, full of color tints and huge brightness differences.

TonyLewis

I measured only 97 % with x-rite i1 Display Pro for my last PG32UQX. The color temp was at 7000K. That was crap. All color temp presets are wrong. The panel and the settings are ******.

Last edited:
Associate
Manufacturer are doing nothing, if many people don't send this trash back. If you read in forums, many users are very noob. They don't understand the failures even if you explain them.
In a german forum someone is really keeping PG32UQX for 3500 Euro, even after i have explained him all mistakes. And hold on, it's his one and only monitor. Crazy. The fans are producing a loud rattling sound, the color tints and shadows beside, only because of this sound i would never considering using a PG32UQX as my fist (daily use) monitor. Before he used this monitor he had an old X34P.

I know nearly all wqhd - uhd gaming monitors on the market. I have a large knowledge which he hasn't. He told me, it's a bonus for him that this PG32UQX has no blb (with fald not a huge deal, especially if you consider the haloing). The X34P is known for having huge blb spots, especially at both lower corners.

I swapped hundreds of monitors. But the PG32UQX was the most expensive series within a short period of a few weeks. Arround 20.000 Euros of mostly credit card money used :D.

Last edited:
Associate
I would say it's the same. Maybe a bit quieter (still 20 db at idle and 30 db at hdr). Without headphones with sound on i can't tolerate it. I swapped the fans of PG35VQ. Only one fan is needed for it. Installed are 3. 1 for the fpga chipset and 2 lower rpm at the bottom of the panel. Very useless because they are producing only a little airflow. You can barely feel it, if you put your finger directly at the exhaust.

All 3 fans are cheap made by chinese brand Sunon. Making rattling and brushing sounds.

A little audio sample for you.

Associate
Oled is in total much better as PG32UQX. But wrgb + 93 ppi for 48 inch is nothing i would use for main monitor. Not sharp enough. And you have to avoid long using with static images. The most i like about oled is the insanely fast response times below <1ms without any inverse ghosting and the infinite contrast.

V F

V F

Soldato
This is the thing. For me OLED is too big. I have had OLED tv’s in the past, but never used as a monitor. The burn in can be covered by a UK warranty now apparently, so that wouldn’t be an issue. I would need it to be smaller though, then I’d try.

I find I can't take to any monitor bigger than 27 inch. 27" 1440p is great for graphic design but once you hit 30 inch for 2560x1600, it hurts my neck.

Associate
I think it varies depending on the game. I think the oversaturated colours can make more subdued/atmospheric games look too cartoony. Equally, games that already have slightly over-hyped colours - can sometimes end up with 'compounded oversaturation', if played on a wide gamut monitor (with no clamp).

That said, having just read/watched @PCM2's article/video on the 'novideo_srgb' tool, I'm less concerned by this whole issue. For me, this is a real game-changer :D

Stumbled across the same thing on Reddit. The AD27QD does have a sRGB mode it's just once that enabled, you're limited to what you can change (Brightness included). Using that tool, i can clamp down to sRGB and still have full control to calibrate further.

Not sure why it's not included with the Nvidia Control Panel. I know AMD offer something similar in theirs.

Excellent find!

Back
Top Bottom