Well this cracked me up...

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
So if you go on Apple's website to order a new iPad, after adding it to your basket one of the options it asks you is if you want to use Apple Trade In. When you do, it give you two options, Apple or Other.

If you pick Apple you have to enter your serial number at which point it gives you a silly price for it. But that is not the best bit. If you click Other, it does not even bother to ask you for any details but immediately proceeds to say the following:

LOL.png

:cry::cry::cry:

Soldato
People using Apple trade in have more money than sense anyway. It's not really any harder to send your old products off to a reseller and get a much better price. It's not like the reputable ones quibble over the condition either, as long as you're honest up front.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
True. But what was funny about was not that. What’s funny about it is Apple essentially saying anything non apple is rubbish. That’s what cracked me up anyway.

Soldato
People using Apple trade in have more money than sense anyway. It's not really any harder to send your old products off to a reseller and get a much better price. It's not like the reputable ones quibble over the condition either, as long as you're honest up front.

It was good at first, got more for my Apple stuff than taking it to CEX or selling it on eBay. Now its a joke and not worth doing, same for Samsung.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
OP
When it comes to tablets, that's not too far from the truth ;)
To be honest I agree. I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab, not sure which one but it is ****. To be fair it is one of the cheap ones, but still it was only released last year and I do not understand how Samsung could release such a junk product. I just use my now nearly 4 year old iPad Pro which funnily enough is not worth replacing unless with something that has an M1 chip and those are just stupidly expensive.

But yah, too funny, why even have an other button there if you are not planning to offer anything for them? Someone over at Apple has a sense of humour maybe? Lol.

Soldato
People using Apple trade in have more money than sense anyway. It's not really any harder.

wait what? Im not sure how it could
Possibly be any easier than clicking a button on a website, the same website your are on whilst buying aforementioned ipad.

anything else is harder surely. And to be honest im fairly tech savvy but i wouldn't have a clue about where or how to use an alternative reseller or something. A) even thinking about this is harder than clicking a button that’s already on my screen. And b) id need to google amd start searching, again mich harder then clicking a button already on my screen.

Now apply this to yoour regular person who doesnt know anything about tablets and resellers etc. Thats why they use apple. Hell its why i use apple so i dont need to worry about all this crap they provide a product and a solution that works easily and removes hassle. Aint nobody got time for cadgy reseling prior to purchasing.

Soldato
Hell its why i use apple so i dont need to worry about all this crap they provide a product and a solution that works easily and removes hassle. Aint nobody got time for cadgy reseling prior to purchasing.

I sold my iPhone 12 128gb for £500 to Music Magpie. I had to put it in a box and the reseller paid for Royal Mail to collect it from my door.

Apple are offering 'up to £410' for an iPhone 12. No doubt that's for the top storage model, so let's say I got an extra £100 for selling to Music Magpie, though it was probably more like £120.

I don't think Apple collect from your door, so I'm sure you'd have to leave the house to take the phone to a post office.

I'll take the +£100 thank you very much. Good on you if you're happy to give your stuff away as cheaply as possible in the name of non-existent convenience.

Last edited:
Commissario
I sold my iPhone 12 128gb for £500 to Music Magpie. I had to put it in a box and the reseller paid for Royal Mail to collect it from my door.

Apple are offering 'up to £410' for an iPhone 12. No doubt that's for the top storage model, so let's say I got an extra £100 for selling to Music Magpie, though it was probably more like £120.

I don't think Apple collect from your door, so I'm sure you'd have to leave the house to take the phone to a post office.

I'll take the +£100 thank you very much. Good on you if you're happy to give your stuff away as cheaply as possible in the name of non-existent convenience.
Cool story.

I don’t care how other people deal with selling second hand items. Frankly, it’s nobody else’s business apart from the person who is selling/trading in.

Back
Top Bottom