What film did you watch last night?

Soldato
The forever Purge.

It was somehow worse than I thought it would be !

1/10

Since probably the 2nd movie, it's definitely become a massive social commentary rather than what we want to see, brain off creative kills.

The ending of Forever Purge is so on the nose with americans being the migrants in Mexico and their children becoming 'dreamers'.

Caporegime
Old. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10954652/

I wasn't expecting too much from this as a majority of the reviews I've seen don't appear to rate it too highly, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Although there's nothing uncommon in movies or T.V. regarding the suspension of disbelief, this is indeed a bit contrived and predictable in places, though, in my biased opinion, it's well worth checking out at least once. :)

Caporegime
Aliens special edition

Still a great movie but some of the effects and tech etc are aging pretty badly. Dot matrix printouts, Vietnam era helmets, aviator sunglasses, armour held on by straps with plastic buckles, people smoking, obvious minature models etc etc. Suppose tech is always an area where movies age, especially movies made in the 70's and 80's. Regardless still a fun watch. :)

Soldato
I’ve been looking forward for months for the sopranos prequel - The Many Saints of Newark

Man, I was throughly disappointed. It was boring and slow. Ok, we found some things out but my word it’s bad.

2/10

Permabanned
Guest House Paradiso.

Only lasted 10 mins or so. Dreadful film. Not funny in the least bit, I had forgotten that they were both not very funny. Their best stuff being The Young Ones.

Triangle on someone else's recommendation within this thread and enjoyed that somewhat. I could not help feeling they could have done more with it.

Tbf Rick hadn't long recovered from his accident and a great deal of the screenplay was thrown out because he physically couldn't do any of it without risk to his health. It is quite awful though, not a patch on the show. Even some of the duller live stuff is better and that's more bad then good.

Caporegime
Tbf Rick hadn't long recovered from his accident and a great deal of the screenplay was thrown out because he physically couldn't do any of it without risk to his health. It is quite awful though, not a patch on the show. Even some of the duller live stuff is better and that's more bad then good.

It's one of those movies where you want it to be good and almost try to make yourself like it because of who's in it, but it was really "meh" at best. :(

fez

fez

Caporegime
Cruella- 5/10

Great music but dear lord was it trying so desperately hard. Had all the subtlety of something you would expect to come from a 12 year old writing a movie script.

Overly long and largely nonsensical throughout. Flitting between personalities was really jarring and seemed shoehorned in.

Soldato
Free Guy - 7/10. Great movie, great effects - no doubt i missed many references!

But for me it was the ending that stood out and the 'other' movie references - the only time i really felt like this was a 'great' movie.

Soldato
Old. 3/10 seems generous. What a mess of a movie. The German woman couldn't act, indeed most of the cast seemed to am-dram quality, the dialogue was "I don't like sand" levels of awful, pointless spinning camera work, the entire plot felt like it was written by 12 year olds and even the twist at the end had an the subtlety of a secondary school play written by then kids.
MNS seems to have totally lost his way. It's not that he's lost the magic "it" that would make a movie great, it's more that he seems to have lost sight of the basics of filmmaking.

Associate
Cruella- 5/10

Great music but dear lord was it trying so desperately hard. Had all the subtlety of something you would expect to come from a 12 year old writing a movie script.

Overly long and largely nonsensical throughout. Flitting between personalities was really jarring and seemed shoehorned in.

yep agree too long...... I fell asleep 3/4 through & not keen to finish off

Back
Top Bottom