• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

3090 FE RMA opinion?

Permabanned
Right I was confused because you just posted this for today's drop of 60ti and 3070 Fe

OMG it has been dispatched at 1pm today :cry:. Now that is how to do sell!
Purchased at 12:29pm and Dispatch at 1pm. Thats just crazy fast! I would definitely purchase more products. Only thing that beats that is OcUKs Free postage ;)

Last edited: Today at 13:17

Yah, that's for the link, been waiting on that for weeks now, even though the SLi thing is dead, my favourite game supports it, just hoping Anthem supports it I will be off the grid for a few weeks if it does.

Permabanned
Right I was confused because you just posted this for today's drop of 60ti and 3070 Fe

OMG....
Last edited: Today at 13:17

Looks like I have been shafted, after reading someone could not get the link to work because its a 4 slot link. Most mothernoards allow for 2 cards with the space of a 3 slot for the NV link connection. so NV again with extremely poor design. So not happy, I should have read up before I ordered.Problems, problems...

Caporegime
Possibly, I hope it's #4 anyway.

What I'm trying to achieve? Lower Vram temps obviously, with a potentially very easy fix that doesn't involve opening up the card and risking warranty.

I should point out that 98 degrees is when running my most conservative undervolt on the card which is 0.8v at 1725 clock speeds. If I run the card at stock for example the Vram temps are obviously higher.
The Quake 2 RTX demo is an extreme case though and does not represent normal gaming, even other RTX games, so most of the time VRam temps aren't really a problem for my card especially as I always run undervolted now. But, I always like lower temps so a cheap, quick and 'non invasive' solution was worth a shot....

You are doing things the wrong way around IMO.

Set it to 1900 @ 887mv. Then underclock the ram by 400mhz.

Do a before and after in Port Royal. Make sure it's Port Royal and not time spy and tell me your scores and temps before and after. Make sure you use the same fan profile on both.

Memory makes zero difference to gaming power so you can underclock memory which will cool it and not effect performance at all. Using higher clocks on the core will give a massive boost to gaming performance. So you should see lower VRAM temps and faster performance if you do what I suggest.

Soldato
You are doing things the wrong way around IMO.

Set it to 1900 @ 887mv. Then underclock the ram by 400mhz.

Do a before and after in Port Royal. Make sure it's Port Royal and not time spy and tell me your scores and temps before and after. Make sure you use the same fan profile on both.

Memory makes zero difference to gaming power so you can underclock memory which will cool it and not effect performance at all. Using higher clocks on the core will give a massive boost to gaming performance. So you should see lower VRAM temps and faster performance if you do what I suggest.

Interesting! I didn't actually think of trying this. Worth experimenting with for sure - cheers!

Back
Top Bottom