• Yes, but after launch

Votes: 24 6.3%
  • No

Votes: 286 75.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 49 12.9%

• Total voters
Soldato
Just got an offer from Google, 'Come back to Stadia Pro and score Stadia Premiere Edition—a Stadia Controller and Google Chromecast Ultra, on us' - signed up for a month, not bad a promo for £8 and some free games to play.

Soldato
Ordered my free Premier Edition this evening. Unbelievably good offer considering I paid with Play Store credit from Opinion Rewards :cry: Basically completely free.

Will see what offers are about on the 27th; I'm tempted to sell it on to fund the purchase of one of those Google TV sticks as my old Roku is starting to struggle.

Soldato
Good stuff, got my email but having issues applying the code directly via the link. No joy entering the code manually either.

I'm assuming it went smoothly for you?

Ignored any links in the email, went to the store and adding the item and the code manually worked. :)

Last edited:
Soldato
I took the offer up and it arrived today. That's my third premier edition!
First one I got for Christmas when it launched, second with CP2077, now this one for re-subbing to Stadia Pro!
I'd personally rather have an offer to just select a free controller and that way I'd have different colorways. Oh well. Can't complain at the price of £8.99!

Soldato
Yeah mine arrived today too, like you say not bad for £8.99. I'll see the sub through to the end of the month then cancel as the digital tax on the AAA titles is too much for me to seriously consider subbing on a long term basis. They really should look at implementing something to rival MS/Xbox ultimate pass.

Founders edition and a Premier one for me.

Soldato
I have found that Stadia prices stuff between £5-£10 more on digital games compared to other digital game market places.

But some of their sales have been incredible.
BL3 Ultimate Edition for £9.99 was by far the best I've seen.

Soldato
Had a really good off-the-cuff experience yesterday.

I had some time to kill at my buddy's house so fired up Control to play on my phone with touch controls.

Remembered my friend had a Chromecast that I could use to play on the TV but I didn't have a controller.

Then also remembered the Stadia app was updated recently to allow full touch controls on the phone to play on the TV. Worked fantasy.

Soldato
Ok so I still have the full stadia in the box from that promo a year or so back. My understanding was it would not work with Chromecast tv, so I left it. Has that changed now ?

I presume it's worth setting up ?

Soldato
Ok so I still have the full stadia in the box from that promo a year or so back. My understanding was it would not work with Chromecast tv, so I left it. Has that changed now ?

I presume it's worth setting up ?

Chromecast with Google TV?
Works perfectly with it now. You can use any controller of your choosing.

Caporegime
OP
Took Stadia for another spin today and played Fenix Rising demo. Performed very well albeit at 1080p. So to play something like Far Cry 6, I'd need a Ubisoft+ subscription (£14.99) and to get 4K a Stadia Pro subscription (£8.99 but free for first month). Is that right?

Associate
Took Stadia for another spin today and played Fenix Rising demo. Performed very well albeit at 1080p. So to play something like Far Cry 6, I'd need a Ubisoft+ subscription (£14.99) and to get 4K a Stadia Pro subscription (£8.99 but free for first month). Is that right?

Yep spot on.

Soldato
Tried Stadia for the first time on an internet connection that topped out at 15mpbs.

Was awful when other were using the internet. But once everybody went to bed, I couldn't tell the difference from being at home on my 200mb line.

Soldato
Tried Stadia today with CCU and controller, Watchdogs 2 was awful and laggy as anything but Destiny ran pretty well and controlled a lot better than I expected.

The ability to jump into a game with no downloads and just crack on is pretty impressive.

Going to subscribe to Pro later so I can try a few other games.

Associate
Tried Stadia today with CCU and controller, Watchdogs 2 was awful and laggy as anything but Destiny ran pretty well and controlled a lot better than I expected.

The ability to jump into a game with no downloads and just crack on is pretty impressive.

Going to subscribe to Pro later so I can try a few other games.

How are you finding it with pro @KraniX?

Back
Top Bottom