*** The Official iOS 15 Thread ***

Soldato
The way I had DND before was between the hours of 22:00 and 08:00 I get nothing.

It was simple, straight forward. This new stuff is a mine field.

My alarm would go off at 05:30

What’s the easiest way for me to set it up similarly?

*edit*

It’s just the same?
Got to admit, I am a bit baffled by how Focus works in general atm. I had DND setup the same way as you too but stuff was getting through when I picked my Xs up this morning at 4am. I need to look into this.

I’ve set focus up this morning for my work roles so I’ll see how that plays out.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

I admit, after reading about how people used the old DnD feature before iOS 15, I feel like I've missed out all this time :(

Now, I haven't updated to iOS yet but I hope they add that feature back in. For those that also weren't aware:

Pre-iOS 15 you could set DnD to leave you alone unless your phone was unlocked i.e. you got notifications if you were using the phone but nothing otherwise.

Soldato
Love this update, I particularly like the new features in weather, but most of all safari extension integration and the split view for apps, on iPad.
Weather these are all part of ios15 and iPadOS I have no idea but I’ve only just discovered them after updating.:D Best update to date for me.

Soldato
Noticed an issue that’s starting to annoy me. When the HomePod is playing it displays what’s playing on my Lock Screen. Quick google and I can’t find out how to remove that or disable it from displaying?

Soldato
Noticed an issue that’s starting to annoy me. When the HomePod is playing it displays what’s playing on my Lock Screen. Quick google and I can’t find out how to remove that or disable it from displaying?

I quite like this function - there's many a time I've ordered Siri to play music and if the Homepod handles the request, rather than going from the iPhone, then I don't get to see what song is playing. I'm sure the feature would benefit from an on-off toggle though.

Commissario
It’s got much more intrusive now. What’s playing on any HomePod now shows on all devices in the house, no matter how it’s being played.

I have a radio station playing in my office every day. It’s playing natively on the HomePod, it’s been initiated from the HomePod. It never showed on my Lock Screen before ios15.

Now all devices show it on their lock screen and Airplay is enabled on those devices.

If someone decides they want to play something on their phone, they have to take the extra step to go into airplay and deselect the HomePod.

So multiple times yesterday, my office HomePod started playing something else, just because someone in the house used their phone to start music but the default output speaker was my HomePod.

It needs to be able to be switched off.

This is the reason it’s started happening.

c5aAdjI.png

Soldato
IMG-0053.jpg
Not from the HomePod it hasn’t.
*edit*

Feek is spot on. Mine is on throughout the day in the office as well.

The same thing happened with me and if you try to swap it it starts playing the radio on your phone.

Strange, prior to ios15, if I was playing something on my HomePod, it would show up on lock screen on my iPhone and iPad, perhaps this is something different, but sounds the same.

Is the above image what you mean?

Last edited:
Commissario
Is the above image what you mean?

Yes but that’s only part of it.

If I’d initiated playback from the HomePod, “hey Siri play boom radio please”, it never showed on the lock screen. Now, not only does it show on the lock screen of every device that’s nearby, those devices have changed their playback controls to be for whatever is playing.

If my wife then changes the volume on her phone, the volume on my HomePod changes. If my daughter starts playing something different, it’s pushed to my HomePod unless she goes into the media controls first and redirects the sound back to her phone.

It’s incredibly intrusive.

/edit - in an environment with one HomePod and one iOS / iPadOS device, it’d be fine but when everyone in the home has more than one device and where there’s a HomePod in every room, it’s dreadful. Utterly awful.

Soldato
Yes but that’s only part of it.

If I’d initiated playback from the HomePod, “hey Siri play boom radio please”, it never showed on the lock screen. Now, not only does it show on the lock screen of every device that’s nearby, those devices have changed their playback controls to be for whatever is playing.

If my wife then changes the volume on her phone, the volume on my HomePod changes. If my daughter starts playing something different, it’s pushed to my HomePod unless she goes into the media controls first and redirects the sound back to her phone.

It’s incredibly intrusive.

/edit - in an environment with one HomePod and one iOS / iPadOS device, it’d be fine but when everyone in the home has more than one device and where there’s a HomePod in every room, it’s dreadful. Utterly awful.

Ok I see what you mean, but that "now playing" on lock screen has always been there, thats nothing new with ios15.

Commissario
Ok I see what you mean, but that "now playing" on lock screen has always been there, thats nothing new with ios15.

It’s been changed in iOS 15. We now have updated media controls. They show where they didn’t before.

See what I said above.

If I’d initiated playback from the HomePod, “hey Siri play boom radio please”, it never showed on the lock screen.

Now it does show, on all devices and their default playback changes to that particular HomePod.

I feel as though I’m repeating myself here because you’ve not actually read what I said before. If you’d read it, you wouldn’t say that’s nothing new because I described in detail what’s changed.

c5aAdjI.png

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Not an iOS 15 feature but I’ve just realised you can select multiple app icons and move them all at once :eek:

Begin dragging an icon
Now tap on additional icons
Drag them all in place
????
Profit

Back
Top Bottom