Jeep SRT8 - Finally Got One Of My Fave Cars Ever -

Soldato
OP
Decided to get an early MOT as I didn't want to be messing around in November with MOT's as I've got a lot on around that time, so while I knwo it's mint off he went. Obviously passed, then looked up and hes' never failed... nice to see a sea of GREEN PASSES. So, onwards and upwards with the big guy.

EMORoF0.jpg

yIHlK4F.jpg

Wb52ZV3.jpg

JbQulAI.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Well, in a few days time, off to Scotland in the Jeep. So picked up an emergency 20ltr jerry can which I'll carry with me incase antyhing goes pearshaped :) Never had to take emergency petrol but better safe than sorry. Also, mayb have to detune the car if running normal everyday petrol as well which is annoying but hey ho. Be interesting driving this across some epic roads... test the thing out a little :cool::cool::cool:

Soldato
OP
Love that SRT, I always visit Auto Trader, there’s two of that shape but yours looks far nicer.
Cheers buddy appreciated. There is a 3rd appeared, but seems to be changing hands a lot, was a looker and I was about to go and look at it in February, then it sold... then it was back up for sale 6 weeks ago in Scotland... looking a little scruffier than original photo's. Now it's just appeared today for an additional £2k on top of the cost of what the guy in Scotland was selling some 6 weeks ago. I reckon this dealer bought it for around £11-11,5k given it a clean etc and trying to make a quick buck... well around £3k of profit...

However, it's been flying through MOT's... and it did look mint!

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-de...chad=Used&advertising-location=at_cars&page=1

Soldato
OP
Well, time for another oil change (done 3,300 miles since last one), so out with the Mobil1 0/40 again and the SRT Hellcat oil filters... and while at it... flush the coolent all out and through and put some nice new stuff in!!!

Next week will be the dreaded transmission fluid drain (50% drain)... and a new sump with a drain plug to make it a damn sight easier going forward!!!

Man of Honour
Never saw the appeal of these types of cars. They should be taxed out of existence in this day and age.

They pretty much are - how often do you see one? Not very. The road tax is almost £600 a year and the amount of fuel duty alone he'll pay to drive it anywhere is huge. Why add even more? It's not like they are on every street are they!

Permabanned
They pretty much are - how often do you see one? Not very. The road tax is almost £600 a year and the amount of fuel duty alone he'll pay to drive it anywhere is huge. Why add even more? It's not like they are on every street are they!
We’re in a climate crisis apparently but big, heavy, gas guzzling SUV’s are somehow necessary. They are absolutely pointless and irresponsible given the issues that we are facing.

Nothing personal against the op by the way.

Soldato
We’re in a climate crisis apparently but big, heavy, gas guzzling SUV’s are somehow necessary. They are absolutely pointless and irresponsible given the issues that we are facing.

Considering that most people who buy these kinds of cars do low mileage (as you can see from the MOT history of this particular example) they actually do very little damage to the environment.

There are far bigger environmental problems than a tiny number of high performance SUVs. I have owned, and will continue to own such vehicles - it always amuses me when people complain about them, more so if said people have kids.

Permabanned
Considering that most people who buy these kinds of cars do low mileage (as you can see from the MOT history of this particular example) they actually do very little damage to the environment.

There are far bigger environmental problems than a tiny number of high performance SUVs. I have owned, and will continue to own such vehicles - it always amuses me when people complain about them, more so if said people have kids.
Pretty weak argument though. No one needs a 6 litre engine to be able to do 70mph. At all. They are pointless and irresponsible no matter how you spin it. I’m no environmentalist but I am a realist.

They need taxing out of existence their is no rational argument for needing them at all.

Man of Honour
They need taxing out of existence their is no rational argument for needing them at all.

There are so few of them in this country that it's not even worth the effort of doing so. 6 litre engines have always been effectively taxed out of existence in this country which is why half the UK thinks a 2 litre is a large engine.

Soldato
Pretty weak argument though. No one needs a 6 litre engine to be able to do 70mph. At all. They are pointless and irresponsible no matter how you spin it. I’m no environmentalist but I am a realist.

I'd go as far to say that the vast majority of things we buy we don't "need". If you want to live in a society where the government just bans everything that isn't 100% necessary to live then go ahead, but I and countless others are perfectly happy with the way things are right now. There are very few high performance SUVs in existence, and those that do exist are generally driven very little compared to normal cars. It's a complete non issue, and if you do care about the environment there are far better targets to focus on.

Soldato
I'd go as far to say that the vast majority of things we buy we don't "need". If you want to live in a society where the government just bans everything that isn't 100% necessary to live then go ahead, but I and countless others are perfectly happy with the way things are right now. There are very few high performance SUVs in existence, and those that do exist are generally driven very little compared to normal cars. It's a complete non issue, and if you do care about the environment there are far better targets to focus on.

You're barking up the wrong tree tbh. He obviously walks everywhere with only his 25 year old pair of shoes on. He lives in a shared accommodation because why would an individual person need more than 1 room? He only drinks water and only eats grains and grain derivatives. I don't know how he's posting, probably from a library computer cause there's no way he has a phone that can do more than send texts and receive calls.

Caporegime

giphy.gif

They're already a dying breed, I don't think enjoying the last of them before they are turned in to soup cans should be so heavily frowned upon.

Soldato
My bigger gripe is Suvs in general, as a M3 owner they tend to get in the way:cry:. I do find them annoying due to height, I can plan stopping better the further I can see.

Back
Top Bottom