The House/Techno/Electronic thread!!!

Soldato
I'm a bit torn by this remix as the original Jam and Spoon watch out for stella rem is one of my all time favs

The original had a superb minimal hollow vibe. This seems that the remixer doesn't have the confidence to put that hollowness in and seems to demand that there must be something banging away all the time.

The older is slow but this misses those open spaces.

Soldato
The original had a superb minimal hollow vibe. This seems that the remixer doesn't have the confidence to put that hollowness in and seems to demand that there must be something banging away all the time.

The older is slow but this misses those open spaces.

I heard this version on Nora en Pure Purified radio recently, quite liked it for a slower version. Nothing beats the original of course though.

Associate
No headphones :eek:

Hard to see in the video but he uses inner ear headphones I believe.

We’ve noticed when watching you that you don’t use traditional DJ headphones and at first were wondering if you were mixing without headphones all together, until noticing the inner ear headphones.

How do the inner ear headphones compare to over-ear ones? Do you find they help you concentrate more or do they offer something different?

When I use in-ear headphones to start with, I’m using split cue, which means I’m hearing the master in my right ear and the PFL in my left. Which is kind of different because when I used to use conventional headphones, I used to just listen to PFL and have the booth monitor really loud. In-ears you have more control over what you’re hearing – you can use them in any environment even if you’re in a club with awful booth monitors. They also give you more focus – they are literally inside your head and provide hearing protection!

https://www.behindthedecks.com.au/james-hype/

Back
Top Bottom