Energy Suppliers

Caporegime
It doesn’t help when the gutter tabloids run headlines proclaiming that petrol is running out and only clarifying in the body of the article it’s only a few stations and isn’t down to lack of supply.

Associate
You can get a fix from bulb I think but the main issue is the cap requiring them to sell at al loss. That’s only sustainable for as long as you have the cash. We know these companies run on really thin margins.

Ofgem/the government have said the cap isn’t going anywhere but I suppose a uturn isn’t out of the ordinary.

The issue is that you remove the cap and you screw your voting base as the biggest proportion of those who don’t switch and are therefore on variable tariffs are likely old pensioners. Or you keep the cap and screw the suppliers, the other option os to give the magic money tree a shake and see what happens but one way or another we will be paying for it.

Didn't realise that Bulb offered a fixed tariff, I had always thought the only tariff they offered was the variable one and that was subject to change. But agree on the points you have mentioned. Time will tell I suppose.

Soldato
It doesn’t help when the gutter tabloids run headlines proclaiming that petrol is running out and only clarifying in the body of the article it’s only a few stations and isn’t down to lack of supply.

Same here. A petrol station on the Isle of White* runs out of diesel and suddenly there's mile long double-parked queues at every garage in the city and beyond. :rolleyes: The funny thing is, we live down the road (proverbially) from Stanlow refinery and there's no shortages here... but there will be now thanks to their self-fulfilling prophecy. Noobs.

* May contain mild hyperbole.

Associate
Anyone have any experience with dealing with octopus energy? So far my switch has been a nightmare, they're not due to take over until the 26th but so far they've cancelled my 2 year fix, put me on a flexible tariff, and then put me back on a 2 year fix at higher prices than I signed up for.
I've fired off a couple of emails asking what the hells going on (at work), and the other halfs trying to deal with them on the phone. Fingers crossed I don't have to go to the regulator.

Associate
Just made it onto the Octopus GO tariff, plus they gave me the rate from last month when I switched to them, 5p four hour night rate window, 16p day rate.
To say I'm well pleased is an understatement!.

Associate
Just put a meter reading in to Eon and checked if there were any better tarrifs than my variable one. Nope. One available but it was a lot worse.

Went to Compare the market to see what was available and they have now halted all energy comparisons.

Associate
Just put a meter reading in to Eon and checked if there were any better tarrifs than my variable one. Nope. One available but it was a lot worse.

Went to Compare the market to see what was available and they have now halted all energy comparisons.
I saw their cheapest tariff (which was still variable) and the unit prices were almost double. 24+p for leccy and 6+ for gas.

Soldato
As a current Octopus customer, my fixed gas ends in November. Typical but... I've emailed asking if I can stay on the Go tariff as their comms aren't clear if that's part of the fixed plan. I don't think it is which would be good!

Soldato
I've had a 'distributor' for Utility Warehouse message me on FB out the blue (I assume he's seen a post of mine about energy pricing). Does anyone have any experience of this energy supplier?

Soldato
So, it looks like Avro was a scam all along. The company was running a major loss, whilst still handing out loans to family members.

https://www.cityam.com/avro-energy-used-by-boss-to-pump-cash-into-family-firms/

Surely, there has to be some repercussions - no doubt the tax payer will be having to cover the short fall and these con artists will get to keep the millions they made out of it.

Back
Top Bottom