**Encased - RPG**

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
The old one.

Haven't tried the new one yet, there'll be a lot of playtime with the original, plus, these days I tend to delay playing new games until they've had a few patches.

Also. you asked about the previous pathfinder! :p
Yeah, I like to wait also. But sometimes I fancy playing on release as I do not fancy waiting.

The reason for the confusion was I read my post that you quoted and sure, chances are you was replying about the previous game, but based on the first line of that post it could have easily been about the new one also. I just wanted to clarify :D

Associate
Back to Encased :) Just picked this one up due to this thread.
I also died on the 'tutorial' stage due to a silly decision that wasn't really signposted and I had to backtrack about 15 minutes. Still, I suppose it taught me about quicksaving more...
I'm hoping it's just the current part I'm on but I haven't seen a trader for ages to sell my crap to. I used the one in the tutorial area to keep my stuff to a minimum but haven't seen one since.
I also find my weapons seem really under powered. Are the damage stats tied closely to your ability scores? Or does that just affect accuracy etc?
When fighting more than 2 enemies my gun can fire 8 shots which may do half the HP damage to 1 enemy. But then it needs reloading which almost wastes a full turn (I have 8AP per turn), all the time those 3 or 4 enemies are wailing on me. I have it on easy so manage to survive but still take a real beating :(

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Back to Encased :) Just picked this one up due to this thread.
I also died on the 'tutorial' stage due to a silly decision that wasn't really signposted and I had to backtrack about 15 minutes. Still, I suppose it taught me about quicksaving more...
I'm hoping it's just the current part I'm on but I haven't seen a trader for ages to sell my crap to. I used the one in the tutorial area to keep my stuff to a minimum but haven't seen one since.
I also find my weapons seem really under powered. Are the damage stats tied closely to your ability scores? Or does that just affect accuracy etc?
When fighting more than 2 enemies my gun can fire 8 shots which may do half the HP damage to 1 enemy. But then it needs reloading which almost wastes a full turn (I have 8AP per turn), all the time those 3 or 4 enemies are wailing on me. I have it on easy so manage to survive but still take a real beating :(
It gets easier. Start is the hardest I found.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Wow. Another update? Devs are on fire. Hope they make a sequel or a similar game, but this time I will wait at least 6 months before buying.

Soldato
And here is the patch notes in the spoiler as it is rather much.

Here is a link to them as well. Encased Hotfix 3 Patch Notes

Localization and Voiceover
  • Numerous fixes for Chinese (Traditional, Simplified) and Japanese localizations
  • Fixed Sparrow lines not matching voiceovers
  • Removed Greeting and Goodbye voiceover for Meatball
  • Removed Greetings and Goodbyes if the narrator is disabled in the settings
  • Fixed voiceover for Clara Morgan's Greeting

Text
  • Description of the Point-Blank Shot ability has been updated - now it is indicated that it does not apply to large creatures (entities with Immense status)
  • Description of the Wrench weapon has been updated - now it is indicated that it requires the Throw a Wrench ability to use it
  • Fixed the description of the Flurry of Punches ability
  • Fixed description of the "Golden Ticket" relic
  • Fixed bugs in dialogues with Louise Decker-Schultz and Kurt Spengler
  • Fixed bugs in Tkachenko's journal
  • Fixed narrator nodes in Victoria Legrand's trailer
  • Graphics
  • Added additional artwork for the Maelstrom Church finale
  • Fixed monitors displaying over the "Fog of War"

Features
  • Added the ability to upload custom portraits for your character

UI
  • Fixed the displaying of the Crime Committed icon
  • Fixed incorrect displaying of player's equipment when opening a container with a companion - now it is marked as equipped.

Levels
  • Improved visual effects at the start of the battle with the necroid boss in Campbell bunker
  • Fixed camera bounds at Bradbury Station location
  • Fixed camera bounds at wandering traders' camp locations
  • Fixed camera bounds at Magellan Station – Administration location
  • Fixed passage to lower drains in the Nashville sewers
  • Fixed passability at Magellan Station – Administration location
  • Fixed camera bounds at Nashville Cave location
  • Fixed camera bounds and lighting at Crossroads location
  • Fixed camera bounds, moved the wall in the toilet, fixed positions of using the sinks at Magellan Station – Residential Level
  • Removed Invisible boxes at C12-Nashville Facility – Observation Deck location
  • Fixed the position of the installation for the Servoshell Storage Station at the Parked Ursula location
  • Placed Airplane Stimulator in a box near the entrance to the sewer, added a personal chest for the player, fixed problems with passability at the Picnic Neutral Zone location
  • Fixed the inability to select a mine under the bridge using the cursor at the Suspicious Cave location
  • Fixed the camera's elevation map at a combat location with a random encounter in a swamp, hid the “flip side” of the location
  • Fixed the player incorrectly teleporting at the Unknown Place location
  • Fixed camera bounds, removed the passable zone on the edge of the map that allowed to bypass mines at New Committee Outpost location
  • Removed the tarpaulin cover from the car that had an incorrect collider at Magellan Station – Warehouse and Parking Lot location
  • Fixed lighting settings at First Settlers Camp location
  • Corrected the positions of transition triggers at Barrens location
  • Added a minimap to Quicksand location (the one with the stuck Ursula)
  • Fixed camera bounds and height map for the camera at Phalanx Warehouse location
  • Fixed the passability at The City location
  • Fixed camera bounds at Treasure Hunters' Campside location

Quests
  • Added quest update about clearing out the road at Crossroads location
  • Fixed the name of the character in the Want to Get Rich, Ask Me How quest

Game Mechanics
  • Fixed working of the Hermit ability
  • Headshot ability for heavy weapons now causes stun rather than knockout, as indicated in the description
  • Certain necroids can now climb stairs
  • Improved the effect of the Fatigue Anomaly

Story Edits
Spoiler Warning!

• The death of Johan or Olivia Reisner in the Meat Grinder anomaly now affects the fate of Carmine Heights in the game's ending
  • Fixed being able to take Victoria Legrand's quest after last contact with Maelstrom
  • Fixed character dialogue with low intelligence, in the case when the player throws the Beta Helmet into Maelstrom
  • Fixed looped navigation in the public terminal at Kaleidoscope location
  • Fixed the low intelligence dialogue when issuing a quest for obtaining Maelstrom Beacon

Bugs and Errors
  • Opening barter with Sparrow no longer removes stolen items from inventory
  • Fixed a bug due to which companions did not receive experience if the player “jumped” over the companion's initial level when gaining experience,
  • Fixed the possibility of infinite experience gain at Jordan Prius Salt Marsh location
  • Fixed the possibility of infinite experience gain with the filmstrip box
  • Removed the possibility of bribing Victoria Legrand when meeting her projection in the White Fog
  • Fixed a bug where the group did not gain experience if the container with items inside was opened by a companion, not the player
  • Fixed multiple experience gain when going to the elevator at the Magellan station
  • Killing holograms now does not count as killing people in statistics
  • Fixed the untimely appearance of the training message when the companions commit a crime
  • Removed the ability to start a dialogue with dead bandits at the Picnic
  • Removed the ability to steal hidden weapons from some Black Wing fighters
  • Fixed the incorrect ability to equip some types of armor with the Neanderthal trait
  • Fixed infinite reputation gain in dialogue with New Committee merchant Asya de Boer

Effects and Animations
  • Fixed displaying death effects from cryolasers, as well as a number of other effects
  • Fixed animation for Monty James on the Magellan Station – Administration location
  • Clara Morgan no longer turns to the player during dialogue in the Nashville parking lot

Miscellaneous
  • Fixed problems with displaying characters under Ursula's roof on location where you find Ursula
  • Fixed the ability to ask Taylor Portman for a discount more than once
  • Fixed a typo on the servoshell armor unequip button
  • Fixed position of the drive away button in random car events
  • Added a trader icon for Pavel Svetlov, the technician who trades tools at Magellan station
  • Igor Potanin portrait now displays correctly in transport capsule's dialogues
  • Victoria Legrand got a unique outfit in all scenes
  • Fixed the displaying of the Scheelite Fiber item in the inventory
  • Fixed the displaying of the hamburger model when used
  • Changed the portrait of Sister Beatrice Catcher

Soldato
So, on the off chance I might be able to stop staring at the character creation screen and actually start a game tonight, any build advice?

Quite like the idea of psionics, and I usually play a high int character in these types of games, but at a loss as to how to put it all together.

Do I need 9 or 10 psyche for a good psionics build? How important are AP (and hence deftness or fortune)? (They were super-important in Wasteland 2, I know that...) How much CHA is optimal?

Thining of muscle, guts and fortune as dump stats:
M 1
P 8
G 1
C 8
B 10
D 8
F 1
P 8

Is that going to come back to bite me?

Psionic vampire sounds like it would be fun, but not sure how much the stun will hurt in actual combat.

Soldato
OP
So, on the off chance I might be able to stop staring at the character creation screen and actually start a game tonight, any build advice?

Quite like the idea of psionics, and I usually play a high int character in these types of games, but at a loss as to how to put it all together.

Do I need 9 or 10 psyche for a good psionics build? How important are AP (and hence deftness or fortune)? (They were super-important in Wasteland 2, I know that...) How much CHA is optimal?

Thining of muscle, guts and fortune as dump stats:
M 1
P 8
G 1
C 8
B 10
D 8
F 1
P 8

Is that going to come back to bite me?

Psionic vampire sounds like it would be fun, but not sure how much the stun will hurt in actual combat.

AP is pretty important, ideally shoot for 8 with a Psionic build as basic attacks take 4AP, so can then get a pair of attacks in. That said, there is usually gear that can help out. Important thing when focusing on any weapon type in the game is pouring points into the weapon path, more your pour in, the more accurate the weapons will be and perks for said weapons you unlock.

Would not bother with Psionic vampire, generally speaking fatigue is okay to manage, a pain but not hard at all. However the downside of stun is pretty significant.

There are some cool perks which can boost stats. There is a perk called Renaissance Man, so when all your stats are at least 5, it will boost them all by one. There is another perk called Self-improvement at level 15, which increased your lowest stats by another 1. Neat thing here is if you start with say

M 5
P 5
G 5
C 5
B 10
D 5
F 5
P 5

Then can add another point based on wing, adding to white wing will take you to 11 for example.

With above perks at level 15 will be at

M 7
P 7
G 7
C 7
B 12 (if white wing at start)
D 7
F 7
P 7

With some other perks you get along the way, will add further points too.

Soldato
AP is pretty important, ideally shoot for 8 with a Psionic build as basic attacks take 4AP, so can then get a pair of attacks in. That said, there is usually gear that can help out. Important thing when focusing on any weapon type in the game is pouring points into the weapon path, more your pour in, the more accurate the weapons will be and perks for said weapons you unlock.

Would not bother with Psionic vampire, generally speaking fatigue is okay to manage, a pain but not hard at all. However the downside of stun is pretty significant.

There are some cool perks which can boost stats. There is a perk called Renaissance Man, so when all your stats are at least 5, it will boost them all by one. There is another perk called Self-improvement at level 15, which increased your lowest stats by another 1.

Thanks for the feedback. That would definitely be a more rounded build and less liable to be one-shot. Is it worth having stats less crucial to your build at 6 or 7, though, versus having the core ones at 10? Seems hard to judge.

I rolled a character in the end:

M 1
P 10
G 1
C 6
B 10
D 10
F 1
P 9

This is with Orange Wing and Bossy bonuses.

I've not done anything more than pootle around the starting area a bit so might reroll anyway. It certainly seems this will be a very brittle glass canon with limited encumbrance, which might become quite annoying.

Looking at the psionic ability descriptions, it feels a bit underwhelming. Damage looks very low and other than that it's a range of debuffs. Psyche adds to-hit chance at 5% per point for some of the skills, but unless I am missing something I'm not sure it wil be viable to lean really heavily on a psionic build for most combat damage.

So I might dump psyche to one and spread the eight points across Guts and Cha - cha to nine for the Patronage perk later on and the rest in guts to boost my HP and encumberance. Although the +30% evasion perk for guts <2 looks like it might be good for a dodge build so maybe putting points in muscle would be better.

If I can't find a way to make this feel like it works I will reroll with your suggested balanced build with the stat boosting perks.

EDIT: rolled a second character early this morning:
M 1
P 9
G 6
C 9
B 10
D 2
F 10
P 1

Moving away from psionics completely. Maybe it's great and I'm missing out, but I don't feel it from the tooltips. This one has low initiative and movement as my main weaknesses, but seems a lot more sturdy and should be able to crit a lot.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Psionics is very viable route, route I went and can do very good damage as you level it up. That said, most routes are pretty viable in the game so not a big deal. Will find eventually with few perks and levelled up, game will become easier in general.

Soldato
Quite liking how this character has worked out. Getting loads of skill points (25 per level), good reuptation and influence, and combat is going okay.

I'm just trawling through Magellan - that place is huge, with so much loot. Just hit level 12 as I finished with the residential level. Haven't done what I am guessing is the end of act one quest in Junktown yet.

Travelling around with Fox and Kataryna at the moment. I liked that Fox has psionics as a backup unlike Crump, so there are no secnarios where she can't get to enemies to hit them like I had when I first up the big bruiser. Felt hard to choose between Kat and Sparrow for my ranged companion, but chose Kat because both Fox and Sparrow do biochemical damage so Kat gives me a differnt option. She seems to pump out more damage than Sparrow, but Sparrow has one more attacked every other round. It took me ages to decide who to bring when I found Kat again.

Soldato
I know this game has its flaws, but I think it deserves a bit more attention than it's been getting. I can barely find any discussions or guides for it anywhere. This is good in some ways as it's forced me to feel my way by trial and error, which has been quite fun.

I finished the first act and have been doing some exloring now the whole map is open. Some of the new areas feel a bit sparse, but the game hasn't lost all its charm. My character is now level 20, and I ditched Fox for Cheerful Jack, on the assumption that since someone is going to be in the front line, it may as well be someone with lots of HP who can also knock enemies around the place with a giant hammer...

A few things are not well-balanced, it has to be said. Stealth is still OP even without speccing into it. A dart gun with relic dart from stealth one-shots too many high-level mobs without them even seeing you. It's remarkably easy to steal absolutely everything even at only halfway in the game (I have around 35,000 combonds and am not above a bit splurge on guns and armour when needed).

Glad to see benched companions still seem to be gaining xp, so I might be able to switch Kat for Sparrow if it turns out she is competing with my MC for hi-tech upgrade books.

I found what seems to be an infinitely spawning pair of necroids
in a place called the Crematory.
They give about 1000xp each, and while they can do some significant damage, I was able to kill nine or ten of them before I decided to stop them spawning and get on with something else. It seems you could level indefinitely here, or at least until your healing runs out.

I feel I am ready to push through the rest of the story to the end now, but I've been really enjoying this one depite its rough edges.

Soldato
OP
I know this game has its flaws, but I think it deserves a bit more attention than it's been getting. I can barely find any discussions or guides for it anywhere. This is good in some ways as it's forced me to feel my way by trial and error, which has been quite fun.

I finished the first act and have been doing some exloring now the whole map is open. Some of the new areas feel a bit sparse, but the game hasn't lost all its charm. My character is now level 20, and I ditched Fox for Cheerful Jack, on the assumption that since someone is going to be in the front line, it may as well be someone with lots of HP who can also knock enemies around the place with a giant hammer...

A few things are not well-balanced, it has to be said. Stealth is still OP even without speccing into it. A dart gun with relic dart from stealth one-shots too many high-level mobs without them even seeing you. It's remarkably easy to steal absolutely everything even at only halfway in the game (I have around 35,000 combonds and am not above a bit splurge on guns and armour when needed).

Glad to see benched companions still seem to be gaining xp, so I might be able to switch Kat for Sparrow if it turns out she is competing with my MC for hi-tech upgrade books.

I found what seems to be an infinitely spawning pair of necroids
in a place called the Crematory.
They give about 1000xp each, and while they can do some significant damage, I was able to kill nine or ten of them before I decided to stop them spawning and get on with something else. It seems you could level indefinitely here, or at least until your healing runs out.

I feel I am ready to push through the rest of the story to the end now, but I've been really enjoying this one depite its rough edges.

Yep largely agree with what you say. Gone under the radar I think for some who would like it, but the market is getting full so know can be hard to know what's around outside the heavy hitters. As your say, rough around the edges, the newer Act feels sparse at times but lots of potential and hopefully see the devs again

Soldato
Yep largely agree with what you say. Gone under the radar I think for some who would like it, but the market is getting full so know can be hard to know what's around outside the heavy hitters. As your say, rough around the edges, the newer Act feels sparse at times but lots of potential and hopefully see the devs again

It's true there are a lot of this type of RPG around at the moment. I don't recall when I last played a post-apocalyptic or Fallout-inspired isometric style RPG before Wasteland 2, and now I have this and Atom in my library, and Trurograd, Underrail and Wasteland 3 still on my wishlist. And that's not even counting the more traditional fantasy RPGs.

I could play nothing but post-apocalyptic RPGs (yeah, Encased is not really technically post-apocalyptic, I know...) for the next six months.

Getting a bit of loot fatigue with this one, but still looking forward to pushing on to the endgame.

Soldato
Patch 1 has been released earlier today, below are the patch notes if anyone is curious.

Or go to the steam page description: Steam: Encased - Patch 1

Have not checked the games after the patch but it is downloading right now and at 4,7 GB

Warning: fix descriptions may contain plot spoilers!

Localization and Voiceover
  • Fixed the sound for reading books
  • Fixed voiceover for Sister Beatrice Catcher
  • Fixed voiceover for Petra Willard
  • Fixed cries of Afflicted employees at the First Settlers' Camp
  • Improved MOBIOS sounds
  • Added sounds to control panels and vending machines in Carmine Heights
  • Fixed hyena footsteps sounds
  • Fixed necroid footsteps sounds
  • Fixed interruption of dialogue voiceover shortly before the end of playback

Text and Dialogues
  • Added low intelligence dialogue with Potanin at Carmine Heights location
  • Fixed dialogues with Tim Ginzburg and Jeffrey Gallop
  • Fixed dialogue with public terminal on Magellan
  • Fixed a typo in Crump’s dialogue
  • Fixed a typo in Jacques Falco’s dialogue
  • Fixed incorrect working of several main story dialogues for low intelligence playthrough
  • Fixed displaying of the tooltip for the "Fortune" characteristic in a random event related to the delivery of lost letters
  • Fixed description of the Brass Apple relic
  • Fixed dialogue behaviour when talking to Yoko about teleglasses
  • Fixed companions’ lines on the Deserted Road location
  • Fixed skill/stat check metrics in Milo Randall's dialogue
  • Added the ability to receive a bribe from Courtney Reznor after exiting the dialogue
  • Fixed inability to start dialogue with Yoko after going through her story dialogue
  • Fixed description of the Expropriator perk
  • Fixed initiating dialogue with Lenny after the Crossroads' Troubles quest

Graphics
  • Created and added a unique head for Olivia Raysner
  • Created and added a unique head for Audrey Melville
  • Created and added a unique head for the Fop named Pepper
  • Created and added a unique head for the Fop named Sad Bug
  • Improved displaying of water and dust shaders at night
  • Fixed a Black Wing helmet model
  • Fixed changing color for a number of hairstyles on the character creation screen
  • Fixed male hairstyle models
  • Fixed White Wing pants model
  • Added red/ginger hair color and fixed hair color for some character archetypes
  • Improved ending images for the Carmine Heights faction
  • Fixed flickering of some assets at locations when using TAA (Temporal anti-aliasing)
  • Added new cockroach model to match icons: Knight Roach
  • Added new rat models to match icons: White Rat and Ravenous Rat

UI
  • Improved design of fillable indicators (radiation, thirst, fatigue, encumbrance, hunger)
  • Fixed the crime icon stuck on companions
  • Fixed status effects branch in abilities tooltip
  • Replaced the armor sprite on the player character
  • Publisher's logo has been replaced with the up-to-date version
  • Made changes to the ability points distribution screen (colors, font styles, the displaying of ability points has been removed if there are 0 left)
  • Spread out the "glued together" filter buttons on the inventory screen
  • Replaced sprite of an empty inventory cell
  • Removed green outline from the minimap
  • Fixed alpha channel for location grid
  • From now on, if the requirements for obtaining a perk are not met, it is displayed semi-transparent
  • Expanded the mouseover/click zone to the entire line on the abilities screen
  • Added a Deactivate Stealth button and Reload Standard Weapon button
  • Matched the color indicating unfulfilled requirements on both the perk screen and in tooltips
  • Fixed mouseover for all items in the inventory
  • Improved title screen
  • On the character creation screen, the Attributes are indicated for each trait after the Attributes heading
  • Changed the displaying of font color on the loading screen
  • Added line break after a dash when entering a location
  • The left part of the PDA screen now has the same width everywhere
  • Fixed displaying of new save
  • Added an icon for the Second Wind ability
  • Fixed Tool Required message when attempting to scan
  • Added indication of the number of items that can be crafted in the crafting menu
  • Improved button colors in the crafting interface
  • Improved highlighting interface when hovering over objects that have already been searched
  • Fixed button for adding skill points after reaching the maximum skill value
  • Fixed displaying of radiation indicators in UI when switching between languages
  • Fixed displaying of the MOBIOS manipulator in the inventory

Balance
  • Unique MOBIOSes now have increased damage resistance
  • Updated rewards for digging up graves in the Picnic neutral zone
  • Improved the reward for stripping the Light Alloy Chest Armor
  • Fixed settings for crafting a prosthesis for Aaron Melville
  • Reworked traders’ goods at trader camps, now it corresponds to their specialization
  • Increased the number of combonds carried by traveling traders in the late game
  • Fixed progression of Kraut value depending on rank
  • Günther Haas in the Junktown Arena has been buffed, the ability to inflict fatigue damage upon him has been fixed
  • Rebalanced MOBIOSes and their aura effects
  • Rebalanced the reloading cost of Shiroyama at some ranks
  • Rebalanced and fixed the Ghost perk
  • Changed the rank of the received servoshell in the random event with the stuck soldier
  • Changed rewards for looting lockers

Levels
  • Fixed walking under the roof in the Abandoned Hospital location
  • Reworked the position of anomalies in the Magellan laboratory basement
  • Added camera borders and fixed lighting at the Chick'n'Corn Restaurant location
  • Fixed working of a heap of stones at the Chick'n'Corn Restaurant location
  • Fixed a flying bush and added detailing for the Crossroads location
  • Fixed steam jet position on Magellan's reactor floor
  • Fixed problematic pots in the Roadside Picnic location in the prologue
  • Added a camera border in the trader camps
  • Fixed black zones on the map borders at several Magellan locations
  • Fixed the ladder at the New Committee Outpost location
  • Fixed camera borders, terrain at the location in the "Deceiver" event (Deserted Road)
  • Increased the radius of initiating dialogue with the Oranges in Concord bathroom
  • Changed Darryl Gilmore's position in Concord
  • Fixed roof clipping on the cafe at the Picnic Neutral zone location
  • Fixed issues with decor at the Carmine Heights location, optimized
  • Added camera boundaries at Carmine Heights location
  • Added camera boundaries for the location with the Fatigue anomaly
  • Fixed the passage to the container at the First Settlers Camp location

Game Mechanics
  • Added display cases with unique rewards for high reputation with the Picnic, Phalanx, Carmine Heights, and Fop factions
  • Improved the protocol for processing crimes by animals
  • Meatball made the owner of all things in the Abandoned Hospital location
  • Improved initiating dialogue with weapons drawn for sentient necroids (Meatball)
  • Fixed the working of the equalize button when buying in barter menu
  • Necroids can now use ladders
  • Improved the working of the Lucky Finds system
  • Increased the maximum value of items that can be stolen by pickpocketing
  • Fixed the working of the state mechanic (hunger, thirst, etc.) when skipping time for short periods
  • Fixed working of psi-implant on companions if they die or are knocked out
  • Fixed a change in reputation when completing side quests in low intelligence playthrough
  • Fixed issue with reputation for the New Committee main quests

Story

Warning, spoilers!
  • Added a reputation change in the story dialogue while in the Council in Act 2
  • Added the ability to independently mark the weapons receipt at Concord station in the prologue
  • Fixed a game ending bug related to the Fops and Phalanx

Bugs and Errors
  • Fixed displaying of heads for characters in the main menu
  • Fixed incorrect tape playback in the tape recorder on the laboratory floor of Magellan
  • Fixed updating the list of available perks after receiving a perk
  • Fixed pushing companions through the wall at Magellan reception
  • Fixed eyes changing color when choosing skin color in the character creation screen
  • Fixed starting dialogue with a door on Nashville offices if the door is attacked
  • Fixed the freeze upon starting combat with the Puppeteer Roach in the Nashville sewers
  • Fixed infinite experience gain in the Bolts game
  • Fixed a bug where the box with selectrones did not disappear after burning it
  • Fixed the situation where dynamite remained in corpses’ inventory after the explosion occurred
  • Fixed the number of rounds in the magazine for some ranks of the Svetlana rifle
  • Fixed interacting through walls at the C12-Nashville Facility – Offices location
  • Fixed the working of riddles at the Treasure Hunters' Campside location
  • Fixed the working of the perk Against All Odds
  • Fixed investigating crimes committed by companions in locations without a dedicated prison
  • Hard-Boiled Electrician ability description now matches the effect
  • Fixed working and description of canned beans
  • Fixed behavior of Kurt Spengler when counting votes in elections if they take place at night
  • Fixed removing reputation from Katarzyna in case Crump died while not in player group
  • Fixed reputation going above the maximum value
  • Fixed the check of the Career Criminal ability in dialogs related to elections
  • Fixed the combat freeze at the Picnic Neutral zone location
  • Fixed Sherlock’s dialogue related to the First Settlers' Camp
  • Fixed being able to bribe Sparrow when in player group
  • Fixed working of A New Boss quest
  • Fixed Flamberg mine at the Secret Test Site location

Effects and Animations
  • Fixed bleeding effect on the injured Clara Morgan
  • Fixed animation for soldiers wearing servoshells in the main menu
  • Fixed skeleton animation for MOBIOSes, fixed effects displaying on them
  • Fixed incorrect animation of the Hoplite Armor’s cloak

Optimization
  • Optimized rendering of some desert plants
  • Increased the amount of allocated video memory and the quality of some textures
  • Fixed a drop in frame rate when selecting abilities after a long play time

Miscellaneous
  • Added scan record for Fatigue anomaly
  • Fixed the background of portraits at the Camp location
  • Changed portrait of Theresa Goddard
  • Fixed overlay working on EGS
  • Changed portrait of Sandra Malverde
  • Improved the Dirty Money quest
  • Added alternative ways of obtaining information in the Water Is Everything quest
  • Fixed inability to inform Ida Grace about the Oranges’ escape in the Playing Detective quest
  • Fixed fighting with Salvador Torres while having companions
  • Improved Olivia Raysner's AI

...And many other minor fixes and changes!

Soldato
Patch 1 has been released earlier today, below are the patch notes if anyone is curious.

Or go to the steam page description: Steam: Encased - Patch 1

Have not checked the games after the patch but it is downloading right now and at 4,7 GB

[/SPOILER]

Yeah, I noticed a big update when I loaded the game last night. I've noticed a few UI tweaks, but not much else in my game so far.

I had a random event (that I was not paying full attention to) inflict what looks like a permanent -2 CHA debuff (scars), which leaves a bad taste. 2 ability points is pretty huge given how scarce they are, and such a permanent malus from a random event feels very heavy-handed.

Oh well. It's got to the point the game feels pretty easy now anyway, so maybe I won't really notice.

Something else I've been bothered by is the issue with only the character who strikes the killing blow getting combat xp. This is leaving my melee companion quite a long way behind my MC and other ranged companion now. I've been trying to game combat so that he can try to finish opponents off, but it gets a bit tedious. Not sure this was the best idea.

Lots of good stuff in this game, but plenty to improve on. I hope the developers stick at it and iron out some of the issue in a follow-up.

Back
Top Bottom