what headphones do you own thread - i own dt150's :)

Soldato
mee.jpg

Who's that? Some nice headphone but that seating position looks like his spine would turn into sausage.
Also, photo taken on an Ericsson W810i?? :D

Soldato
Added the Thieaudio Clairvoyance IEMs to my collection along with the FiiO M11 Plus DAP. The DAP not that much of an improvement over my old M11 Pro, very incremental, but the IEMs are about as far as I am willing to go with IEMs and they're fabulous with a dynamic driver, 5 Balanced Armature drivers and 2 electrostatic drivers in the shells.

My collection now:
Focal Utopia, Focal Stellia, Thieaudio Clairvoyance and using these with either Bluesound Node 2i > Focal Arche or FiiO M11 Plus DAP.
Just an update since I've now had my two new additions for a while - the FiiO M11 Plus DAP I've used extensively with the Focal Utopia/Stellia and Thieaudio Clairvoyance. Seem to use it way more than my desktop setup with the Focal Arche since I bought it. It is a mighty impressive audio device. Quite powerful on balanced connectors and drives TOTL headphones very well with the justice they deserve. Buy it if you are after a DAP (before the limited run disappears).

Also had the chance to listen to the B&O E8 3rd gen a friend bought. Absolute trash. The Sony WF-1000XM3 I own for use out and about is significantly better. Looking forward to getting and trying the WF-1000XM4 for my birthday off the other half later this year.

Associate
I have a pair and they really do punch well above their weight - I just paid the £103 and got them quick dispatched from Amazon

I'm so tempted to grab these, my PC setup is Sennheiser HD560S/Topping E30/Topping L30 and my workout headphones are AirPods Pro, so I don't exactly 'need' them but I've never had IEM's and I could use them for when I'm at work maybe...hmm!

C64

C64

Soldato
way better than the TIN 2's ? I like the idea of detchable cables they should have done this a long time ago on iem's,i'll check the out the moondrops thanks

Soldato
The Moondrop Arias will get you most of the way there, frequency response is close to the Starfield's, sound stage is a bit bigger, main differences are they don't image quite as well and they don't sound quite as refined as the Starfields but they only currently cost £69

C64

C64

Soldato
went for the tin t2's and silver cable and 16 memory foam tips in the end seemed better value than moondrops which would need spare cables tips too bringing the price up also
£43 tin t2 what can possibly go wrong at that price

Associate
DT990s (PC)
TB 700Gen2s (XSX)
Pulse 3D (PS5)
Quick question, as you're using a Beyerdynamics, and I love mine DT770 Pro 80: how's the Sony Pulse?
Tried a Sony WH-XB900N Extra Bass but wasn't impressed. At the moment I'm using the DT770 and an optical to 3.5 DAC from the TV, but for gaming, the wireless Pulse sounds promising. Just worried about sound quality.

Man of Honour
Quick question, as you're using a Beyerdynamics, and I love mine DT770 Pro 80: how's the Sony Pulse?
Tried a Sony WH-XB900N Extra Bass but wasn't impressed. At the moment I'm using the DT770 and an optical to 3.5 DAC from the TV, but for gaming, the wireless Pulse sounds promising. Just worried about sound quality.

The bass is lacking compared to my other headsets, even with bass boosted in the equalizer settings. The positional audio is excellent, but the bass lets them down slightly. I actually prefer my TBs to all others, however crazy that might sound. The pulse are very comfortable though, I barely know I’m wearing them.

Associate
Have one Pulse on its way now. :D:D:D
I was more worried about it being bass heavy or muddy.
If sounds clear, despite lacking a bit of bass, that's a compromise I'm happy to take.
The DT770 is superb for comfort and sounds perfect for me. I guess it's down to personal taste. I can't find to like any bass heavy headset. At least not yet. Tried even my brother's WH-1000XM4 and still, not a headphone I would buy.

Man of Honour
Have one Pulse on its way now. :D:D:D
I was more worried about it being bass heavy or muddy.
If sounds clear, despite lacking a bit of bass, that's a compromise I'm happy to take.
The DT770 is superb for comfort and sounds perfect for me. I guess it's down to personal taste. I can't find to like any bass heavy headset. At least not yet. Tried even my brother's WH-1000XM4 and still, not a headphone I would buy.

The sound is very clear. Flying through the city in Spider-Man every single sound is crisp, clear and the position/distance is bang on. Let me know how you get on with them.

Back
Top Bottom