Poll: *** The official iPhone 13 (mini/pro/max) thread (The Pro Max has 120 Hz and everything!) ***

• Thread starter Deleted member 209350
  • Start date

Which iPhone 13 will you get?

• iPhone 13 mini

Votes: 20 10.6%
  • iPhone 13

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • iPhone 13 Pro

Votes: 73 38.8%
  • iPhone 13 Pro Max

Votes: 77 41.0%

• Total voters
Soldato
Battery life tests

looks like Apple may have put too big of a battery on the 13 Pro Max because it's blown all other phones away by a big margin. You're looking at about 20 to 30% extra battery life on the 13 Pro Max than any other smartphone on the market today and it's 80% more battery than the 12 pro

Soldato
The real surprise in that video was the 13 Mini outlasting the regular 12 - and by a significant amount as well. The battery in the 13 Mini is only ~200mah larger than the 12 Mini.
But also, crazy stamina from the 13 PM.

Soldato
Now I'm curious what the result would be if the 13 pro max got a 5000mAh battery like most Android high end models use - maybe 13 to 14 hours in that test? The efficiency the iPhones have over Android is crazy this year

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone get the object detection to work for photos? I've taken pics of various flowers but the phone doesn't seem to want to try and identify what they are

Soldato
P
Hmm, these new iPhones are too large for one handed use now, might take me a while to get used to it.

I have a feeling that I probably should have got the 13 Mini.

I think that's been the case for a while now. The XS and 11 Pro used to be slightly smaller at 5.8"(ish) but, with the 12, they homogenised the 12 and 12 Pro at 6.1" and introduced the Mini for those who want a smaller phone.

I've got a MagSafe PopSocket thing for it to see how easy it makes it to hold securely with one hand and will see how I get on. Wasn't sure how strong it'd be but, with an Apple silicone case on, it stick like a limpet. Still easy enough to remove when you want to plonk it on the MagSafe charger though.

I bit the bullet and got AC+ for mine too as I think it's a decent deal tbh, as discussed earlier in here. Was actually kind of surprised they let you order it after receiving the phone without any physical checks. Last time I looked at it, if you didn't order it with the phone, you had to take it into a store to be checked. This way is obviously more convenient but slightly open to abuse as you have eight weeks to take it out so could do it retrospectively if you dropped it in the first couple of months ;)

Back
Top Bottom