It's funny how (fuel shortages)

Soldato
No, this is to do with morons panic buying when there's no need to.

Ohhh no no... the morons are the ones with no fuel pretending this isn't happening.

The ones who ring up their boss and say they can't come to work.

The real morons are the ones who voted this government in and are pretending it's all okay. MORONS.

Caporegime
Ohhh no no... the morons are the ones with no fuel pretending this isn't happening.

The ones who ring up their boss and say they can't come to work.

The real morons are the ones who voted this government in and are pretending it's all okay. MORONS.

Pretending what isn't happening? There's no shortage!

Soldato
Pretending what isn't happening? There's no shortage!

Clearly there is at the pumps. The reason that there is a shortage at the pumps is that people have lost confidence in the supply chain. That's still a real shortage.

Logistics is mostly about confidence and promise of supply. Delivery is just fulfilment.

Caporegime
Clearly there is at the pumps. The reason that there is a shortage at the pumps is that people have lost confidence in the supply chain. That's still a real shortage.

Logistics is mostly about confidence and promise of supply. Delivery is just fulfilment.

There is an artificial shortage caused by a temporary increase in demand due to people with mental deficiencies panicking. There is no long term deficit, well other than in their IQs...

Soldato
There is an artificial shortage caused by a temporary increase in demand due to people with mental deficiencies panicking. There is no long term deficit, well other than in their IQs...

Ah, I see… they should just trust that there will be fuel at the pumps when they want it.

that’s not how the world works.

Soldato
That's how the civilised world works. Do you normally buy every item of a type when you go shopping? No, you buy what you ordinarily require.

yes and you might have noticed, but we are diverging from the civilised world. That’s what we voted for.

we are through the looking glass.

Caporegime
oh. The shortages are a delusion?

ha ha. Righto.

Yes, I've literally explained how there isn't one. A limited number of specific fuel stations didn't receive deliveries, morons over-reacted, morons have caused an unanticipated spike in demand at some other fuel stations. These fuel stations have been emptied faster than they could be replenished as replenishment will be based on predicted usage.

Soldato
Yes, I've literally explained how there isn't one. A limited number of specific fuel stations didn't receive deliveries, morons over-reacted, morons have caused an unanticipated spike in demand at some other fuel stations. These fuel stations have been emptied faster than they could be replenished as replenishment will be based on predicted usage.

and the rest of the other consumables? Co2? All delusional no doubt?

the thing is, when people start to lose confidence in supply of something, they start to hoard it, or learn to live without. That’s the rational choice. Suppliers have to try to judge that.

that’s bad either way for an economy that’s used to thriving in “the civilised world”

Caporegime
and the rest of the other consumables? Co2? All delusional no doubt?

the thing is, when people start to lose confidence in supply of something, they start to hoard it, or learn to live without. That’s the rational choice. Suppliers have to try to judge that.

that’s bad either way for an economy that’s used to thriving in “the civilised world”

CO2? You mean the shortage caused by the rise in gas prices that has affected the whole of Europe? That one?

Soldato
CO2? You mean the shortage caused by the rise in gas prices that has affected the whole of Europe? That one?

food???

Don’t tell me you’ve not noticed the supermarket shelves being empty ?

don’t tell me you’ve not heard of all the CEOs of the supermarkets saying we have to get used to less products and less choice and more expensive prices.

Delusions?

this is confidence, or lack of, in the market to supply what and how people are used to.

Caporegime
food???

Don’t tell me you’ve not noticed the supermarket shelves being empty ?

don’t tell me you’ve not heard of all the CEOs of the supermarkets saying we have to get used to less products and less choice and more expensive prices.

Delusions?

this is confidence, or lack of, in the market to supply what and how people are used to.

Never noticed an empty shelf. My shop hasn't been impacted in the slightest. There's the potential for some meat shortages caused by the co2 shortage...but that's Europe wide because of the high gas prices.
Other temporary delays have been caused by driver shortages.

"It's almost certainly the case that one of the main drivers in the lorry driver shortage that we're facing is that qualified HGV drivers have gone into being distribution drivers for Tesco and Amazon, because they're nicer jobs, they don't require you to get up at 4am and they're better paid,"
Additionally no new drivers have been trained in nearly 2 years due to COVID so natural wastage hasn't been replenished.
That's got nothing to do with Brexit...

Soldato
Selfish ***** like this need a good slap :mad:

65ldYlX.jpeg

BZ8hzMz.png

fWWmoJc.jpeg

g6xceNa.png

GevS7Cp.jpeg

Its entirely predictable govt says "theres a shortage but no-one panic there are some closures but keep a 1/4 in your tank and whatever you do don't panic! Repeat again, don't panic!" what does anyone do, PANIC! Its not like it hasn't happened before you'd think they'd have learnt by now but no...

n.b. I remember last time it happened some idiot stockpiled by filling bowsers in his garage with fuel and guess what, it caught fire...

Soldato
Govt reportedly going to grant 10k visas to foreign lorry drivers. How exactly this puts more tanker drivers on the road I don't know as they all will likely not be ADR trained.

The whole thing has been one big coup by businesses and industry to get the gov to back down over their refusal to let foreign drivers i.e. cheap labour in. The media and public have fallen for it perfectly.

Man of Honour
The whole thing has been one big coup by businesses and industry to get the gov to back down over their refusal to let foreign drivers i.e. cheap labour in. The media and public have fallen for it perfectly.

That is what our drivers at work seem to think - or at least the opinion of a couple I've talked to.

Soldato
That is what our drivers at work seem to think - or at least the opinion of a couple I've talked to.

It has to be. The Road Haulage Association have been pushing for it from the very start, they don't care about the drivers, they represent business who just want to see cheap labour return so they can ensure their profits.

These ridiculous headlines of "Christmas is going to be cancelled" is all just sensationalism, and a way of keeping the issue in the spotlight.

Back
Top Bottom