petrol stations price discussion (was ‘chaos’)

Associate
Surely they will all be rushing back in for that £12 an hour, our women and free houses.

Who here has made that kind of argument?

You do understand that that poor pay and poor conditions are bad for immigrants to? Even if they are willing to do the work for less, should they have to?

It's always so strange that those throwing around the racist/xenophobe/gammon labels are the ones wanting to people to come here and be treated like dirt by employers. More likely I expect your just desperate to put the uppity working class back in their box for daring to ask for a decent wage and decent conditions.

Permabanned

You do understand that that poor pay and poor conditions are bad for immigrants to? Even if they are willing to do the work for less, should they have to?

It's always so strange that those throwing around the racist/xenophobe/gammon labels are the ones wanting to people to come here and be treated like dirt by employers. More likely I expect your just desperate to put the uppity working class back in their box for daring to ask for a decent wage and decent conditions.

Wow, some chip you got there. :eek:

Caporegime

If they have families back in Poland where the cost of living is a fraction of what it is here then earning money in GBP at £12 an hour is literally cash I the bank for them as they would earn much less at home.

Caporegime
I filled up this evening at Morrisons about 8pm, was on half a tank and was passing and it's 2-4p cheaper than round my gaff so popped in. Pulled right up to the pump, zero queue and paid £31.68 which I feel is justified. I didn't NEED petrol but would have done by the middle of next week.

Soldato
What a night.. I have 120 odd practices that haven't had their Pathology samples collected tonight due to not being able to get fuel.. And I've got to put 3 into hotels as they dont have enough to get them home. Wouldn't be so bad if it was localised. But Yorkshire to Essex and Kent and Devon. All over ****heads panic buying. I'm Fuming

Man of Honour
Was a mixed story when I ventured out about 7pm. The first two fuel stations, which are fairly rural, were busy but nothing crazy about 5 cars waiting to get in to the second one. The first one I encountered in town was almost empty strangely possibly it was already out of fuel. The next two in town were utter chaos though - the first had about 30 cars waiting to get in then the big Morrisons one had a ~1/3rd mile queue one way and ~2/3rd of a mile queue the other way to get in! fortunately on a multi-lane road so people could get past.

Was talking to a couple of our drivers at work and they said BS on any related driver shortage - like I think Scania mentioned it is one of the better paid parts of the industry and there are people who've been waiting years to get in on it who'd jump if an opening came up. They seem to think it is the industry trying to manipulate the government so they can get cheap labour from abroad.

Associate
car was 1/4 tank, so waited till round 930pm and popped to my local Tesco (1.5miles) wasn't rammed like earlier when my dad tried on which he just drove away. But it was certainly busier then normal for that time of night.

Associate
interesting point - are the (public) ev fill-up price going up.
free options suspended ...

Up in Scotland most of the charge place Scotland chargers are giving out free electricity. I can charge overnight with Octopus Go for 5p KWh.

I worked it out that for the cost of a full tank of petrol in my old Nissan Note, I can drive 2500 miles in my Nissan Leaf if charging at my house.

If using public chargers I can travel infinite miles for free! (Well until Swarco sort themselves out anyway).

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
4077-B783-64-B1-4-FDD-AAE5-04-B2-D46389-DA.jpg

:D

Soldato
Ididn't NEED petrol but would have done by the middle of next week.

This is the mindset what is causing all of this nonsense. You don't need fuel for another 5 days, but there are people who DO need fuel now. This causes the surge in demand we're seeing.

Lucky to rock straight up and get fuel though! I'm below a quarter of a tank, and with a 6.2 V8 which is my daily car, I thought I'd get in early and fill up at 0630 this morning. Yeh, apparently I was late to the party because they were already queuing out of Tesco onto the roundabout at that time. I'll have enough to get home tonight and to work tomorrow morning, but not enough to get home again so I'll just have to hope this crap is over by tomorrow. Hopefully everyone is nice and happy with their cars full sitting on their driveway not going anywhere

Soldato
I filled up this evening at Morrisons about 8pm, was on half a tank and was passing and it's 2-4p cheaper than round my gaff so popped in. Pulled right up to the pump, zero queue and paid £31.68 which I feel is justified. I didn't NEED petrol but would have done by the middle of next week.

well done.

someone’s ordered pizza and enough for 2 slices each but rumour there’s not enough for everyone…

Some people take 2 slices, some think to share and only take 1 slice, however cos we might run out you take 3 slices. :rolleyes:

Soldato
Who only eats 2 slices of pizza.... Just pure idiocy, especially with people travelling less than normal anyway with majority still working from home.

50 miles left in my car and need to get to Swindon and back tomorrow (130odd miles round trip) went out last night at half 9. 5 stations closed and the other one had a huge queue, then went past local Morrisons this morning and queued round the car park.

Rather than ration it put it as a minimum spend of 40 or 50 quid, if you don't use it. Tough. Your stupid fault for not needing it right now.

Caporegime
This is the mindset what is causing all of this nonsense.

Retards, all of them. It's the toilet paper all over again, and lo and behold, that sorted itself out perfectly fine without a single arse going unwiped. Hope those who are filling jerry cans and denying fuel to those who actually need it have a little oopsie and spill it all over the interior of their cars.

Soldato
Just an analogy dear Watson.

Whilst everyone is queuing those poor keyworkers leaving shifts where they can’t benefit from working from home will no doubt be struggling to get their usual fuel aswell.
We clapped for them didn't we, what more could they possibly want? :p

Soldato
Joke media fueled they should be fined heavily for doing stuff like this absoloute bedlam around here Ive got fuel for another 4/5 journeys and refuse to go to the pumps I will try to fill up as per usual.

Hopefully in a few days it will calm down

Back
Top Bottom