Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
For the above clip I put it in neat and adjusted the dial, seemed the best way but next time will try a 50/50 solution as that's what I used to do previously with the old lance. I don't think it matters too much though with this lance as its designed to be used a specific way. I had the dial at the most open setting so it picks up the most foam from the bottle and even then was able to go over the car 3 times so I would say a 50/50 mix would easily be enough maybe even 25/75 for a single coat and keeping the dial wide open.
Excellent, thanks! I'm going to get one on order ready for those grim winter salt & grime washes!

Soldato
Any recommendations for products to minimize the amount of dust that sticks to a car, or at least something that allows the dust to come off easily with a quick rinse? There seems to be a huge variety of ceramic coatings, sealants and waxes out there, but I'm not sure which would be the most effective for my usage.

Soldato
Any recommendations for products to minimize the amount of dust that sticks to a car, or at least something that allows the dust to come off easily with a quick rinse? There seems to be a huge variety of ceramic coatings, sealants and waxes out there, but I'm not sure which would be the most effective for my usage.

Waxes (at least paste wax) are usually more involved to apply, and often focus more on gloss and shine over longevity. Although you can get synthetic waxes such as Fusso coat that will last longer.

Or there's spray coatings, or liquid waxew that will be easier to apply, give at least 6 months protection. These are products such as Garage Therapy Three Ceramic Sealant, or Gyeon Can Coat.

You then have higher concentration ceramic coatings that are more involved with application (having to level out the application).

Being honest, they're much of the same once you've chosen a type of coating. I.e. most easy to apply solvent based sprays/liquids will offer the same benefits.

Soldato
Waxes (at least paste wax) are usually more involved to apply, and often focus more on gloss and shine over longevity. Although you can get synthetic waxes such as Fusso coat that will last longer.

Or there's spray coatings, or liquid waxew that will be easier to apply, give at least 6 months protection. These are products such as Garage Therapy Three Ceramic Sealant, or Gyeon Can Coat.

You then have higher concentration ceramic coatings that are more involved with application (having to level out the application).

Being honest, they're much of the same once you've chosen a type of coating. I.e. most easy to apply solvent based sprays/liquids will offer the same benefits.

OK, thanks. I read a few things online from people who said that waxes actually make the dust stick more, but I'm not sure how true that is.

Underboss
I thought it was quite noisy didn't realise its 89 decibels!

GQQJw0w.jpg

Going to have to wear some ear plugs when I use it.

my Hydroshot is 87db

which i just used to clean the car with

and i have lots of Tar Spots i need to remove !!

i have autoglym Tar Spot Remover here (from a bundle i had years ago)

anyone use it ? how do i use it without damaging my paintwork ?

Associate
Just apply to microfibre cloth, wipe over the tar spots, leave it for a few minutes, wipe tar spots off with another microfibre, rinse areas with hydroshot

it is more accurate than other spray on tar removers as you can really just target the areas needed.. you can't really do any harm to your paintwork as long as you give it a good rinse afterwards

Soldato
Hey peeps. Any ideas on what i could do / use for scuffs on interior plastic? Mainly bottom of driver door where past owners haven't opened the door wide enough and kicked it and so scuffed / scratched it in the process. :( What can be done?

Soldato
Any recommendation’s for an economical wheel cleaner? I usually use Bilt Hamber - Auto Wheel when the wheels are heavily contaminated after tons of miles between a wash but something for when this level of cleaning power isn’t required.

Perhaps something which can be diluted depending on the cleaning power required whilst being economical in usage. Valet Pro - Bilberry seems to be ideal and I have used it before to good effect but is there any other product to consider before I go ahead and stick with what I know.

Soldato
Any recommendation’s for an economical wheel cleaner? I usually use Bilt Hamber - Auto Wheel when the wheels are heavily contaminated after tons of miles between a wash but something for when this level of cleaning power isn’t required.

Perhaps something which can be diluted depending on the cleaning power required whilst being economical in usage. Valet Pro - Bilberry seems to be ideal and I have used it before to good effect but is there any other product to consider before I go ahead and stick with what I know.

How about Bilt Hamber Surfex? https://bilthamber.com/product/surfex-hd/ can dilute it down as an all round cleaner, including alloys. Never used it personally so not sure how well it works diluted.

Underboss

i asked the same question a while ago

answer : Garage therapy wheel shampoo

not acidic, shampoo just for your wheels

Soldato

The Bilt Hamber is the best wheel cleaner I've used, let down by the spray bottle. IMO the spray isn't fine enough so it doesn't last long. I'm on the lookout for a better bottle to see if I can make it go further, either that or dilute it down a bit.

Soldato

You could dilute the Bilt Hamber if you wish. I use it mixed 1:1 with water and it still seems pretty effective, so you may be able to dilute it even further. And yes, as above, get a decent spray bottle for it, helps give more even coverage than the crappy sprayer it comes in :)

Soldato
I'm in the market for some new cleaning products.

I use BH foam and have recently run out of Korrosol (sp?) and my clay bar is old and manky :)

I have some Autoglym Super Resin Polish, Interior Glass Cleaner and Leather Cleaner.

Anyone think of anything else/alternatives?

I'm thinking I'd like to give machine polishing a try so would be keen to get some recommendations. Looking at packages they range from a couple of hundred to several hundred. Slims has a Rupes deluxe kit at near £500 but wasn't sure if that might be a little OTT to begin with?

We have a 03 yellow Mini, 17 black BM and 2x 05 white JDM cars. If that makes any difference to recs.

Soldato
I would go with a Das6 Pro kit personally, although I'm finding these kits and stocks in general to be very low on e-commerce sites. My personal recommendation is a kit that includes Scholl S3 (cut) and S40 (finish) compounds, or buy them separately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom