What watch do you wear?

Associate
I wear a watch that my wife bought me for our 25 anniversary....inscribed etc....Seiko...solar powered....may not be a rollex..but had a few work mates asking if it were a rollex etc....seems to stand out...that'll do me!

Associate
I wear a watch that my wife bought me for our 25 anniversary....inscribed etc....Seiko...solar powered....may not be a rollex..but had a few work mates asking if it were a rollex etc....seems to stand out...that'll do me!

Similar story with me, not a Seiko but a watch my partner gave me gets more attention and people asking about it then my high end JLC and Lange & Söhne watches!

Soldato
Hello I'm hoping someone could help me value this watch and advise me on where to sell it please. I'm not sure if its worth much, but I'm not much of a watch person so it would just sit in a drawer so I want to sell it on.

tEb1gT6.jpg
OZpiP18.jpg
lkWYDXG.jpg

Soldato
Hello I'm hoping someone could help me value this watch and advise me on where to sell it please. I'm not sure if its worth much, but I'm not much of a watch person so it would just sit in a drawer so I want to sell it on.

tEb1gT6.jpg
OZpiP18.jpg
lkWYDXG.jpg
What size is the case?
The dial colour unfortunately may not help, but it's probably in the 150-250 range if 39mm +. TK Maxx sometimes sell that brand's watches too. Retail price far higher, but I don't think they ever actually sell them for RRP.

Man of Honour
Lack of bronze in this thread is disturbing :p

There has been no change in the settled bronze finish on my Marine 36 so far, after it gets washed/wet the bronze goes brighter and cleaner, but then within a couple of days it settles to its factory finisah. The best way to experience a bronze watch IMO as you get none of the maintenance faff and weird patina of all other bronze watches and only the upsides, a vintage looking marine bronze finish with small surface blemishes that seem unique each wash.

Stowa-Flieger-Bronze-Vintage-36.gif

Associate
So, after not buying watches for a long time, I just bought 3 in the last month!

#1 Steinhart Titanium 500, I had a look at this one for a long time as I like the titanium watches, but I thought it was a bit expensive -- turns out I found an "as new" on c24 so I snatches it. I like it a lot, it doesn't look "clone" it has it's own personality -- love the Titanium. Lume is excellent, very visible all night. Bracelet is good, not as many adjustements as some, but still nice. I love the "prism" effect on the border of the crystal.

#2 Zelos Mako v3 Titanium. This one took forever to arrive, thanks fedex. Very nice watch, very nice proportions, very nice bracelet, excellent lume, nice dial I like pretty much everything save that they could have added some coating to the crystal. That's the only minus for me. The quick adjust bracelet is really great. The dial "click" sounds odd, due to the titanium I think, but it clicks just the right amount for me. Quite happy with his one too. The MOP "looks" is nowhere near as strong looking as it appears, it's very subtle under most lights.

#3 Hemel Airfoil "special edition" from the microbrand store. That's the one with the stupidly bright lume that won against the rolex. Very nice watch, love the proportions, the movement might have been "hand picked" as it's butter smooth to operate compared to my other chinese movement chrono. Dial is great, leather band is OK (but I'll probably replace it soon). Great watch BUT.
There is a *huge BUT* on this watch. Everyone claims it's the queen of lume, and it's truly stupidly bright; however, since the hands are also lumed, you can't tell the time at night unless you have pretty much perfect vision and don't require glasses. Otherwise, forget about, "lume on lume" is unreadable. it is for all intent and purpose *absolutely unuseable*
Still a great watch, but wow, what a waste of lume.

USGZroD.jpg

Z5ZXSfZ.jpg

VIAhWSZ.jpg

Man of Honour
I see Hemel posted a lot on the FB groups, rather cool looking with that off white almost enamel dial!. My local bike shop guy has that Ocean One too, noticed it the other week when I was in and had to then start talking watches :D

Soldato
That bronze gold speedmaster is stunning! Added to my ever expanding wishlist :D

I got the DSOTM Apollo 8 Speedmaster for a big birthday recently and absolutely love it. The ceramic looks amazing and makes the watch extremely light for its size. I really like the uniqueness of the dial and exposure of the movement too.

Last edited:
Soldato
I like the bronze but prefer the standard Professional compared with the others.

I'm still saving for my professional, although I suspect it'll be March/April time when I'll pull the trigger. Hopefully prices don't go too crazy before then. I think I'll go for the sapphire as opposed to the hessalite, although that might change when I see them next to each other on my wrist.

Associate
After some advice please - I'd like to try a different strap on my watch (ZULUDIVER Sennen NATO Watch Strap - Midnight Blue & Khaki on a Baltic Aquascaphe to be precise - think it would look nice). Could someone reccomend a decent spring bar tool for the job? Amazon has a plethora of them - and I'm sure that there are good ones and (perhaps) less than good ones....

Back
Top Bottom