Greenlizard0 PL & Championship Football Thread ** spoilers ** [24th - 27th Sept 2021]

Man of Honour
Blew the chance to go 3pts clear. Mane should never in a million years gone the 90mins there, defence all over the place. Only consolation is that we are at least still clear at the top of the table, all be it by just 1 pt, and we're still the only unbeaten team in the league. But definitely need to improve on that performance.

Caporegime
Great game but we had a shocker. Awful finishing, which has been a problem for a while now, and abysmal defending.

Brentford targeted our right hand side all game and Matip couldn't deal with the physicality and VVD looked like he was in a coma at times. As for Trent, shocking distribution and an absolute car crash at the back. If he's fully fit there's no excuse for such a pathetic effort when defending and he needs a few games off. He casually jogged behind his man over and over again, just like he did against Milan, and had Brentford found more crosses we would've been punished.

Edit: Hats off to Brentford, they had a game plan and stuck to it all game. More than deserved the point.

Last edited:
Don
Got what we deserved today. That's as bad a midfield display as I can remember from us - we had no control of the game with or without the ball and that's entirely down to our midfield. People will look to blame the defense for the goals we conceded but for me the midfield was far more responsible. From minute 1 Brentford were looking to get the ball into their front two as quickly as possible and then pick up the pieces with runners from midfield and far too many times our midfield weren't tracking them back and they were winning every second ball and that's where their goals came from.

Soldato
Terrible performance, Mane should not be a starter he's been terrible for quite some time now, need to drop him when Firmino's fit and put Jota out there, heck even Origi offers more currently.

Defensively we were a shambles, panic ensued any time they got near the 18 yard box and everyone just lost their heads

Man of Honour
Terrible performance, Mane should not be a starter he's been terrible for quite some time now, need to drop him when Firmino's fit and put Jota out there, heck even Origi offers more currently.

Defensively we were a shambles, panic ensued any time they got near the 18 yard box and everyone just lost their heads

I'd like to see Minamino given more opportunities, he's shown good form this season and whats his reward for that? To sit on the bench twiddling his thumbs whilst Mane fannys about for 90mins.

Soldato
Interested to see what Klopp has to say in his interview, he cant possibly be happy with the way we played there.
He'll probably just laugh and says it's a crazy game but he must be fuming inside because they weren't any of the Liverpool players who really showed any composure whatsover, Brentford played well pressing like mad and forcing mistakes and some of the passing was great where Liverpool's just seemed chaotic and rushed

Soldato
YOOOOOUUUU REEEEDS.

I knew that last one was offside - we were sat almost in line, so I didn't celebrate... but a part of me hoped.

Back
Top Bottom