It's funny how (fuel shortages)

Associate
Asda, few other are now doing £30 limit which is great, but petrol stations needs to put signs banning jerry can, no point doing the £30 limit if someone can stock up 5+ jerry cans as seen in the pictures. I thought last year was rough with the food shortage, people fighting over toilet roll but it seems people haven't learned
Yeh great as long as us people that need to buy fuel for commercial use can get plenty.
How are we suppost to prove it? Bring in tax books to show the well educated person behind the desk?

Soldato
Earlier in this thread, I mentioned the 2000 fuel shortage due to lorry drivers blocking the roads from oil refineries. I did remember some petrol stations letting in certain people jump the queue such as NHS workers, teachers etc. Stewards were there being shown IDs.

Soldato
Those who bought 512 loo rolls, 87 bags of pasta, 32 bottles of bleach and 200 eggs 18 months ago.
Those who fill up their car plus several petrol cans past 48 hours

MUST be the same selfish idiotic fools and they should be ashamed of their actions.

This pandemic has brought out the worst in most people, though there are exceptions. As a supermarket worker, I have experienced more of the former. Idiots like this have caused anxiety to be an issue with many workers. Myself and my colleagues are thinking we are the forgotten key workers.

Soldato
If there’s a £30 limit imposed. What stops them just doing another pay at pump transaction?
You can’t. If anyone wants to spend an hour queuing up at one then drive a few miles to repeat the process, has more time to burn than the rest.

It’s similar to buying paracetamol. I can’t stop customers doing the ‘painkiller crawl’ - buying two packs in the various shops around my work that sell painkillers. As I have done this myself a few years ago when I was full of cold. Thought I had plenty of painkillers in. Wasn’t the case.

Soldato
Those who bought 512 loo rolls, 87 bags of pasta, 32 bottles of bleach and 200 eggs 18 months ago.
Those who fill up their car plus several petrol cans past 48 hours

MUST be the same selfish idiotic fools and they should be ashamed of their actions.

This pandemic has brought out the worst in most people, though there are exceptions. As a supermarket worker, I have experienced more of the former. Idiots like this have caused anxiety to be an issue with many workers. Myself and my colleagues are thinking we are the forgotten key workers.

Indeed.

The funny thing is, these people won't be able to get their loo rolls, pasta... soon because all the people that need fuel to get to work to do jobs such as supermarket workers and those in the supply chains, won't be able to get to work.

It's like no one has any brain cells to realise that panic buying fuel causes a huge ripple effect.

Soldato
If there’s a £30 limit imposed. What stops them just doing another pay at pump transaction?
It's not a hard limit either you can still spend what you like. I'll just be ignoring it, I fill up once a week and I'll continue to do that, they can bugger off of they think in making 3 or 4 trips instead of one a week.

Soldato
It's not a hard limit either you can still spend what you like. I'll just be ignoring it, I fill up once a week and I'll continue to do that, they can bugger off of they think in making 3 or 4 trips instead of one a week.

They should get a couple of extra staff members in and fill up for people, like in the old days. Then idiots can't fill up boot fulls of cans.

Caporegime
This is the kind of continuity I enjoy the most, when the writers really put some effort into their backstory so we, the audience, can put our disbelief to one side if only for a moment and really enjoy the stories being told :thumbsup:

Yeah but minimum serve is 3 liters

Back
Top Bottom