The new Samsung Odyssey G9 Mini Led

Soldato
OP
Wow, so Samsung need a 3rd party feedback on how to improve their HDR implementation on this display.

I don't understand these times we live in where things like this happen. Samsung. A world leader in panel technology apparently, pushing out products that just aren't tested anywhere near properly. I suppose the excuse is that if they wait around testing things, they become less relevant too quickly as others come to market pocketing the cash. So all manufacturers play the same game and just bash things out with good marketing, using consumers as guinea pigs. Sad times.
Samsung do have previous poor form here. All of their 2020 QLED TV panels seem to have motion/judder issues when watching 50hz content. It has so far gone unfixed. They also made false promises on something else major but I forget what it was. It's all on AV forums.

Associate
Does anybody know how long Samsung take to do refunds to Klarna 48 ? I paid a deposit and i had a refund within 3 days from Dell for the AW38 , Samsung collected the Neo G9 before i sent back the Aw38 and not heard a thing from Samsung . i was in Samsung shop chat today and I'm convinced i was speaking to a 5 year old .. 5 minute reply's with not even 4-5 words written (typing dots were going on screen so i know he was typing all this time) .. the email he sent me was badly spelt (to confirm i will get a refund) stating 2 or 7-10 business days , yep he first says 2 days , then 7-10 business days. I don't even know how Klarna deal with refunds but i have put in a request to stop payments as the item has been sent back via there app.

Permabanned
Spoke to a samsung rep quite a few times some looked as tho they were high on meth tbh.
I seriously hope they fixed the HDR issue .I want that peak brightness. For a near £2000 monitor from a giant company it should be fixed by now.

Soldato
Looks like Samsung fd up again, launched the G9 with issues and now the neo G9 with issues too.

mean a hear a funny story? In 2008 I bought the first ever 4k 60hz gaming monitor - made by Samsung and cost me $500. Got home, plugged it in and the image look like pure rubbish and had lots of flickering and had to return it - decided not to buy a Samsung monitor again. It looks like that was a good choice because Samsung hasn't learnt anything in the 13 years since

Last edited:
Associate
Does anybody know how long Samsung take to do refunds to Klarna 48 ? I paid a deposit and i had a refund within 3 days from Dell for the AW38 , Samsung collected the Neo G9 before i sent back the Aw38 and not heard a thing from Samsung . i was in Samsung shop chat today and I'm convinced i was speaking to a 5 year old .. 5 minute reply's with not even 4-5 words written (typing dots were going on screen so i know he was typing all this time) .. the email he sent me was badly spelt (to confirm i will get a refund) stating 2 or 7-10 business days , yep he first says 2 days , then 7-10 business days. I don't even know how Klarna deal with refunds but i have put in a request to stop payments as the item has been sent back via there app.
I’ve asked to be refunded too. I was told 3-5 days for a refund. I’ve been waiting over a month for a replacement for a faulty preordered one. They had stock all last week but have since sold out so am I pretty angry that I’m still waiting especially having spent over 12 hours on live chats and phone calls. It’s now gone down by £100 in price on there site. I asked if I could be refunded the difference beings I’ve not had a fully working one from release. They said they couldn’t do that. For a company so big there customer support stinks.

Associate
They wouldn't refund me until I send my free gift back. Sadly the free gift was lost in the collection which was mixed up by the courier and being sent somewhere else. It has become a whole bloody mess and I'm still trying to sort it out.
Samsung customer support is abysmal and almost robotic in their responses.

Tbh for the same money, I'm tempted to just get the CRG9 for general work/gaming + LG C1 for HDR Gaming. I presume the CRG9 has less of an issue compared to the G9s?

Associate
They wouldn't refund me until I send my free gift back. Sadly the free gift was lost in the collection which was mixed up by the courier and being sent somewhere else. It has become a whole bloody mess and I'm still trying to sort it out.

Tbh for the same money, I'm tempted to just get the CRG9 for general work/gaming + LG C1 for HDR Gaming. I presume the CRG9 has less of an issue compared to the G9s?
The chg9 is great monitor. That’s what I had before i upgraded to the neo. Gutted I sold mine. Wish I’d have just kept it.

Associate

I’ve literally just been emailed requesting I send the supposedly free ssd back. It takes the ****. I’ve been waiting nearly a month for a replacement for the faulty one and now I’m going to be waiting even longer for the refund now. The price has down by £100. Good way of getting rid of all there excess ssd and still getting £100 for them. Absolute joke of a company.

Associate
I’ve asked to be refunded too. I was told 3-5 days for a refund. I’ve been waiting over a month for a replacement for a faulty preordered one. They had stock all last week but have since sold out so am I pretty angry that I’m still waiting especially having spent over 12 hours on live chats and phone calls. It’s now gone down by £100 in price on there site. I asked if I could be refunded the difference beings I’ve not had a fully working one from release. They said they couldn’t do that. For a company so big there customer support stinks.

My Refund has gone on to klarna and my balance is now 0 , But no sign of my £166 deposit to Klarna . will wait a few days and then will phone Klarna .

Associate
Ouch, did you have to send back the freebie gift? There was no mention of it in the return details and didn't want to throw in box with monitor in case it got lost in the system!
They are asking me to return the stupid free gift before they refund me. Originally I only wanted a replacement but I’ve been waiting over a month for one and they had stock last week and still didn’t get one so I decided to get a refund and just reorder when they come back in stock. It’s like banging your head against the wall with these guys. There’s absolutely no where to complain about it. They just are not bothered about customer service.

Back
Top Bottom