New essential Android apps thread

To be fair the card itself is a backup for when your phone is not present or dead I guess. For me the card will sit in the wallet which 99% of the time sits at home lol.
You're the same as me then.

Have had many times recently where I have a call and someone wants to take payment over the phone and I realise I don't have a single card on me.

So nice to be without a wallet.

Next it's my keys!

Man of Honour
I still have all my card details stored in a OneNote file which is cloud syncd on my MS account so if I need my card numbers for another account I can access them any time. Encrypted OneNote of course.

Having said that, the Samsung Pay+ card's details are visible from within the Curve app so technically a bit easier to get to from there.

Soldato
I don't use my phone much so have very little to complain about regarding updates but the new timeline page in google maps sucks balls. It's slow to load and swiping back to previous days is jerky AF. My phone is old and crap but it shouldn't be this bad. :/

Soldato
I still have all my card details stored in a OneNote file which is cloud syncd on my MS account so if I need my card numbers for another account I can access them any time. Encrypted OneNote of course.

Having said that, the Samsung Pay+ card's details are visible from within the Curve app so technically a bit easier to get to from there.
Sounds like an unnecessary load of faff but good you're enjoying it!

Soldato
Got my Samsung Pay card now!

samsung-pay_1.jpg
samsung-pay_2.jpg

Not sure what world elite means, looks cool? :p

So far bought a few things using the card and all seems to work well. Can see transactions in the curve app etc. I only have my Barclays debit card added to it which is fine. Samsung Pay app is now just pretty much Samsung Pay+ (Barclays) and my credit card.

I guess this now locks me into Samsung phones from here on lol which is fine.

I love the swanky little popout envelope the card comes it lol

Soldato
What do people use as their weather app these days?
Met office and BBC are both trash for my location - rarely seem to be right. Currently I rely on dark skies on my iPad which is very accurate but there must be something on android that's as good surely?
I used to use AccuWeather but that appears to have turned into ad infested hell... Any other suggestions?

How sad that android is so mature now that this thread is barely used these days. I remember back in the day you could check this thread daily for the latest big update to some app, or a new better app coming out. How exciting those times were.

Soldato
Any way to shift nav bar in chrome to the bottom? Swear it used to be an option via a flag but seems to be gone

They keep experimenting it so expect the flag to disappear and return between version.

@Rimsy if you're still looking for a weather app, I've settled on Overdrop, the free version does have ads but not as intrusive as Accuweather. However it's worth getting the paid version, as that also allows you to set Accuweather as the weather provider.

Soldato
They keep experimenting it so expect the flag to disappear and return between version.

@Rimsy if you're still looking for a weather app, I've settled on Overdrop, the free version does have ads but not as intrusive as Accuweather. However it's worth getting the paid version, as that also allows you to set Accuweather as the weather provider.
Cheers for the suggestion will check it out.

Back
Top Bottom