*** The Official Boxing Thread ***Do Not Discuss Illegal Streams

Soldato
Good performance by Usyk, strange performance by Joshua. He seems to have lost that spite, he looked too slim for me, far too stiff early on but that's nothing new for Joshua. It seemed as though he was trying to box with Usyk, when the most obvious thing would be to just stick it on him and use his size and strength? He just didn't look quite right to me. He has no option but to take the rematch, he needs to come in slightly heavier imo and get ready for a war. Chisora did far far better against Usyk but he simply wasn't accurate enough, you'd expect the far superior athlete in AJ to be more accurate than Chisora. Credit to Usyk though, well deserved and glad he wasn't robbed from what was a clear one sided spanking.

Soldato
That's the thing, usyk not only out boxed him but was pretty much beating him up at the end, that will stick.

Almost like Fury in the first wilder fight, it set the tone for the rematch.

I think Usyk may just have his number and that is the way it will be 9 out of 10 fights.

Soldato
Did anyone else notice the bell saved AJ? I'm certain I saw it display 10 secs left and immediately after that the bell went for the end of the round 12. He was close to being KO'd.

Soldato
Did anyone else notice the bell saved AJ? I'm certain I saw it display 10 secs left and immediately after that the bell went for the end of the round 12. He was close to being KO'd.

I thought it went off near 10 seconds to. I know it disappears from the screen with 10 secs to go but in the moment I thought we had 10 seconds left and the bell went.

Soldato
I thought it went off near 10 seconds to. I know it disappears from the screen with 10 secs to go but in the moment I thought we had 10 seconds left and the bell went.

A group of us watched it and 2 of us noticed, as soon as the clock disappeared with 10 secs on it, the bell went to end the round and save AJ's ass because he was pretty much gone at the end. The replays will definitely show it.

Soldato
A group of us watched it and 2 of us noticed, as soon as the clock disappeared with 10 secs on it, the bell went to end the round and save AJ's ass because he was pretty much gone at the end. The replays will definitely show it.

I'm going to guess it was fine, couldn't hear the bell ring at the start of the round and the ref made them touch gloves and it was a little awkward as they both wanted to fight so guessing that is when the discrepancy with the on screen timer has come from.

Soldato
I'm going to guess it was fine, couldn't hear the bell ring at the start of the round and the ref made them touch gloves and it was a little awkward as they both wanted to fight so guessing that is when the discrepancy with the on screen timer has come from.

Just checked - the on-screen clock disappears at 9s and the bell goes when it would have shown 1.5s, had it still been on screen.

Soldato
Just checked - the on-screen clock disappears at 9s and the bell goes when it would have shown 1.5s, had it still been on screen.

Seriously? Wow. Obviously during the fight the rounds sometimes fly by and you don't notice it but I'm sure I remember the timer disappear off screen and the bell go almost immediately - only because I wanted to see how long AJ had left to survive. I'll need to see a replay tomorrow.

Man of Honour
I saw someone say Hearn rung the bell early before AJ got sparked out. No idea if that’s possible really but nothing would surprise me in boxing.

Soldato
That should mean AJ v Fury is a thing of the past now. Annoying.

Fury must be about 4-5 stone heavier now, can’t see him not beating him comfortably.

Probably a good job too. On that performance fury would beat him up too.

Looked far too slim for me and lost his only advantage as a result. He was never going to outbox usyk

Caporegime
If I was AJ I’d start to think about changing up my camp now. McCracken got that completely wrong last night and it all looked a bit stale. His advice in the corner never changed despite it being obvious it wasn’t go to work. Baffling.

Could be the perfect time for a change of coach.

Soldato
Got a feeling AJ will bottle the rematch as his boxing skills have been shown for what they are, non existent, he was taken to school last night and the rematch would end pretty much the same way, with ruiz AJ knew he could just stay away from him and jab his head off in the rematch, he won’t get away with that with usyk, Usyk would beat him up next time.

Back
Top Bottom