Squid Game

Caporegime
Finished it, good in places, some fillers.

Also, i find the idea that this guy, who spent a year living like a hobo with all that money all of the sudden have the willpower to go back to do another game is a bit ridiculous for season 2. Unless he is trying to use his money? And saw the twist at the end coming regarding the old man.

I didn't read that he's going back, more that he'll try to bring it down. I really enjoyed it, but I don't think it needs a second season. A better ending would've seen him dead, and then ended as a one season thing.

Man of Honour
It was quite good, but a little stretched out in parts. I’d ultimately recommend it with that caveat. I’m sure that the ‘in show time’ was often slower than ‘real time’!

Making each episode 5-10 minutes shorter would have been optimum, I think.

Soldato
Really enjoyed this. Wasn't expecting to but just gave the first episode a go and was hooked.

I thought the VIPs were just AWFUL. Where do they find these second rate actors that seem to get parts in foreign films just because the speak English?!

Soldato
Started watching this while eating my dinner at 4pm, come 11pm I was still watching. Absolutely brilliant this, binged 7 episodes back to back. It's brutal but my "gosh" it's sad at times.

Battle Royale one of my fav movies ever, love some of the tributes to it in this.

Caporegime
Theres another korean series about death games ya'll might have missed
(its dubbed in english btw on netflix for people who can't read)

I like how every netflix series is "Original" even if the premise has been done multiple times in the past few years

Last edited:
Soldato
Binged this over the weekend, really enjoyed, despite how sad the overall premise of the series is.

I found the marbles game really sad. Especially what was done to the Hindi guy, who didn't have a bad bone in his body. Shows that being a nice guy really doesn't get you anywhere sometimes.
I liked the slight twist that the old guy was pretending to be forgetful, or at least that's how I interpreted it.

Back
Top Bottom