What film did you watch last night?

Associate
I’ve been looking forward for months for the sopranos prequel - The Many Saints of Newark

Man, I was throughly disappointed. It was boring and slow. Ok, we found some things out but my word it’s bad.

2/10

I was only recently made aware this was now out on release..... For whatever reason had the impression this was a new series (not a movie)

Will take a look.

Soldato
Free guy 4/10

Felt like a rip off of Ready Player One.

Actually kinda found it a real turn off.

It was throwing in so many of Hollywoods and social media buzz words.Toxic gamer fans, Patriarchy, pronouns and toxic masculinity.

Maybe I was a little bit tired and was missing the jokes but I turned it off.

Might give it a shot at a later date.

Caporegime
Alita: Battle Angel

A weird mix of live action and CGI set in an utterly nonsensical and bonkers, dystopian future in which the lead character and half the cast are cyborgs. Some people have complained about the uncanny valley style of the visuals, and particularly the lead character, but I really liked it. It's distinct, interesting, and stylish, with the feel of the Magna that inspired it. The plot is serviceable enough, although the film feels annoyingly incomplete, more of a setup movie for a trilogy (that is unlikely to be made) than a complete story on its own. It also has a definite "young adult" feel at times, but overall I really enjoyed it.

Pretty and fun, if shallow and silly 8/10.

Soldato
Green Knight - 8/10 a visually stunning film, it's of a similar vein to 2001 a Space Odyssey, so you'll probably either love it or hate for it's artistic approach
I'm in the hate it camp. Just didn't think it was a good film. I agree that it was visually good but i just didn't like the story line. Always like how opinions vary amongst people.

Soldato
Green Knight 6/10. I usually like trippy, slow paced, otherworldy, fever dream, what's real and what does it all mean type movies, but The Green Knight didn't hit the mark for some reason. Perhaps it strayed just a little bit into pretentiousness? And the concluding mystery parts weren't that interesting. It started great and there were elements that were cool for sure - so worth a watch if you like things a little different and weird.

Soldato
Free guy 4/10

Felt like a rip off of Ready Player One.

Actually kinda found it a real turn off.

It was throwing in so many of Hollywoods and social media buzz words.Toxic gamer fans, Patriarchy, pronouns and toxic masculinity.

Maybe I was a little bit tired and was missing the jokes but I turned it off.

Might give it a shot at a later date.

Agreed. Pretty poor overall. Had a couple of fun moments but just badly written and acted throughout. Can't think of any stand out moments really, but plenty of rubbish in there...especially the Twitch streamer cameos. Uergh. Like they need their egos stroking any more.

Caporegime
Old. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt10954652/

I wasn't expecting too much from this as a majority of the reviews I've seen don't appear to rate it too highly, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Although there's nothing uncommon in movies or T.V. regarding the suspension of disbelief, this is indeed a bit contrived and predictable in places, though, in my biased opinion, it's well worth checking out at least once. :)

Gave this a shot, if I was at the cinema I would've asked for my money back. I lasted about 40 mins before I had to turn it off, it was hands down the worst film I've seen for as long as I can remember. In fact I'd say it was spectacularly crap.

Free guy - 9/10, what an absolute riot of a film, loved ever moment of it.

Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - 8/10, was really expecting a blatant half-arsed cash grab but it was actually really good.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Free guy - 5/10. Bang average with unimaginative characters and trying to appeal to pop culture far too much. Could have been an interesting concept but the execution was poor.

Soldato
Candyman (2021)

Added nothing of substance to the original story; if anything it weakened it. They should have kept Todd and Madsen as the antagonists and totally done away with the soul harvesting / transmogrification aspects. Lastly, at only 90 minutes, it simply wasn't long enough to establish any real depth to the characters, nor expand upon the legend of Candyman in any meaningful way.

5/10 - Three points for the cinematography, 2 for the (brief) inclusion of Todd.

Soldato
Agreed. Pretty poor overall. Had a couple of fun moments but just badly written and acted throughout. Can't think of any stand out moments really, but plenty of rubbish in there...especially the Twitch streamer cameos. Uergh. Like they need their egos stroking any more.

Wut?!

Twich streamer cameos were rubbish? I guess you are of a different generation as my kids loved the streamers.

No stand out moments?!

Seeing Free City/GTA rip off.

Captain America's shield, then the Chris Evan cameo.

Hulk fist.

Light sabre and Star Wars music.

+ when the coders were chasing him through the city/tower blocks - very cool.[/spoilers]

Back
Top Bottom