It's funny how (fuel shortages)

Soldato
Indeed.

The funny thing is, these people won't be able to get their loo rolls, pasta... soon because all the people that need fuel to get to work to do jobs such as supermarket workers and those in the supply chains, won't be able to get to work.

It's like no one has any brain cells to realise that panic buying fuel causes a huge ripple effect.
Exactly! A colleague has enough fuel for driving to work and back, going to hospital for an appointment. This is for ten days. Then get food shopping after work. Killing two birds with one stone…..

I’m lucky to live 20 mins walk. Drive in if raining, starting before a certain time, buying heavy shopping and if got medical appt before.

Soldato
They should get a couple of extra staff members in and fill up for people, like in the old days. Then idiots can't fill up boot fulls of cans.
Well that costs them more, so that won't be done. Plus, are there really that many people filling petrol cans?

Associate
Well that costs them more, so that won't be done. Plus, are there really that many people filling petrol cans?

I've just been to pick up some fuel for lawnmower, knew filling a jerry can would result in some abuse. Sure enough some guy screaming at me for being selfish. Politely (well maybe not so politely) told him that it was inconvenient to bring my ride on to the petrol station and to mind his own business.

Soldato
There is a new full contact sport now called kung fuel fighting as people fight on forecourts like there was only a tiny bit of petrol left in the world

Associate
No, just panic buying. Media says there is a fuel problem when there isn't one and instantly creates a fuel problem. It is the toilet roll syndrome all over again. Just brainless people being brainless unfortunately.

Associate
IR35 tax change related more than Brexit. Most drivers were self employed, IR35 pushed drivers into other sectors and the old boys into retirement
Totally this. Plus conditions of the day job. Our service stations are a joke in this day and age and HGV drivers have always been looked down on as steering wheel attendants with zero respect. Cant say I blame them for moving on to either retirement or a different job.

Man of Honour
Totally this. Plus conditions of the day job. Our service stations are a joke in this day and age and HGV drivers have always been looked down on as steering wheel attendants with zero respect. Cant say I blame them for moving on to either retirement or a different job.
Agree. There is a large roundabout near me with a flyover going overhead. For years lorries have parked up on the concrete area just off the road under the flyover. But recently the council have put posts into the ground to stop them parking there.

I never once saw them causing a problem and they have to stop somewhere for the drivers to rest. The area isn't accessible to pedestrians. It's just a large concrete area under a flyover next to the roundabout. But the council in its wisdom decided to stop them resting there.

Back
Top Bottom