Poll: Russian Grand Prix 2021, Sochi - Race 15

Rate the 2021 Russian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Wasn’t there a race a few years ago when LH crossed the pit lane and just got a reprimand? I think he stayed out to race as a strategy change aswell after entering the pits, so worse potentially than aqua’ off the track. So might escape with something similar. Finger crossed anyway.

yeah, he was bigger danger on track than crossing the line

Man of Honour
He's right to look devastated: he cost himself and his team a load of points today.

I think his team should have been more insistant that he pitted, they kinda offered him a choice where as Merc told Lewis to pit even though Lewis didn't want to

Soldato
I'm gutted for Lando and delighted for Lewis.

The one thing I have stopping me being too gutted for Lando is that whilst today wasn't to be his day the pace and quality of his driving means a win isn't going to be too far away

Good job for Sainz too! I said before the season I wouldn't be too shocked if he beat Charles. He's doing really well for his first season as a Ferrari driver and I am really happy for him

Soldato
There is a force majeure defence apparently for pit lane entry breaches, so might be down to telementry and how careful LN was being…etc

I hope he gets away with it either way. Arguably he was danger on the track for a few laps prior to that, lapping drivers on a bit of dry track and them unlapping themselves soon after.

Soldato
No one declared the end of his career. He isn't the same driver he was. About now is when the oldest drivers won their last championships.

To put it in F1 terminology, the switchover point.

Alonso still does okay, but he isn't the championship winning driver he was, nor Vettel or Raikkonen.
Kimi was already driving for McLaren when Lando was 2 years old, 42 in a couple of weeks and 8th finish today ... not bad for an old git.

Associate
If be astonished if they penalise that given the circumstances.

He's right to look devastated: he cost himself and his team a load of points today.

I'd be sad to see him get a penalty too but I'd understand it.

Is there a way to ensure that penalties are consistent? I'm worried when they keep choosing different stewards, it can mean inconsistency despite rules being rules.

Soldato
Kimi was already driving for McLaren when Lando was 2 years old, 42 in a couple of weeks and 8th finish today ... not bad for an old git.

And that relates to ability to win WDCs in your later 30s how?

Anecdotes don't win you the WDC. History has shown eventually you drop off and youngsters overtake you. If people think that this season isn't a sign of that happenning to Hamilton imminently then you haven't seen his solid wins over the past decade. He has been making more mistakes.

If I had to make a prediction, this is the last WDC Hamilton will feasibly win.

Soldato
I'd be sad to see him get a penalty too but I'd understand it.

Is there a way to ensure that penalties are consistent? I'm worried when they keep choosing different stewards, it can mean inconsistency despite rules being rules.

With all the prize money involved he'll almost certainly get penalised. Especially if it means him dropping gives other teams the points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom