Rate the 2021 Russian Grand Prix out of ten

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

fez

fez

Caporegime
If people think that this season isn't a sign of that happenning to Hamilton imminently then you haven't seen his solid wins over the past decade. He has been making more mistakes.

And its nothing to do with it being one of the only times in the last god knows how long he doesn't have the best car. ******* off into the distance from the front of the grid most races means that you don't take risks and any mistakes that you make are usually not so serious.

Hes also fighting a young driver in a faster car who won't back out of any battle. He hasn't made many mistakes this season either really. A few of them have just been 50:50s and they are more stark due to the effect they have on the championship.

If I had to make a prediction, this is the last WDC Hamilton will feasibly win.

It may well be. But not because he is over the hill but because he has won it all and was looking like retiring at the end of this season previously. If Mercedes aren't at the top of the pile under the new regulations I reckon he will hang up his boots.

Soldato
He got a little lucky with the rain after a poor qualifying and start to still end up winning. He wanted to stay out as well, could have been a disaster.

Before the rain he was 2nd and max 5th or 6th with Leclerc closing in on fresher tires. Would have been an 8-10 point swing in the championship. After the rain its a 7 point swing. The rain benefited max for the championship. You could say max got lucky with the rain.

He got the win but championship wise no rain would have been better.

Soldato
I have to admit, despite being his hundredth win I bet psychologically Hamilton will take a blow seeing Verstappen finish 2nd.

Brave move for Norris to stay out, he should have been ordered in the lap after Hamilton though to rescue points and finish 2nd\3rd.

Don
I have to admit, despite being his hundredth win I bet psychologically Hamilton will take a blow seeing Verstappen finish 2nd.

Brave move for Norris to stay out, he should have been ordered in the lap after Hamilton though to rescue points and finish 2nd\3rd.

I imagine the elusive 100th win is more important. Its been a long time since his last win, maybe broken the dogs back now..

Soldato
mclaren needs to get some balls in their management, they could see more rain was on the way but let Lando make the decision, poor.

I think they allowed Lando to make the call based on him being out in the conditions, and him being able to decide if he could cope on slicks. <morgan freeman voice> But Lando could not cope on slicks </morgan freeman voice>

That's just Lando's inexperience showing, but all the teams know the rule about being on the right tyres at the right time, and should have got him in. I guess at that point Lando and the team just crossed their fingers and hoped he could make it to the end, because as soon as others had gone into the pits (particularly Hamilton), that was their only option for the win. Lando should have come in as soon as Hamilton did and at least try and keep the status quo, instead they gambled and lost on staying out on slicks.

Caporegime
Lando had the chance to pit one lap earlier, there was a 49 second gap. The team should really have overridden Lando and boxed him. Hindsight is wonderful, but it wasn’t a lap or two laps, it was five when it started raining. Brundle has said it before, always be on the right tyre. Opportunity missed but it will come for Lando I’m sure.

Caporegime
When Hamilton took 7s out of Lando on sector 2 of his out lap alone, it was clear that Norris had lost the win, they should have pitted him then and held 2nd.

Inexperienced from Lando, but McLaren should have made the situation clear to him.

Soldato
What a race! Qualifying was brilliant with a great result, and the race was very exciting towards the end.

Really feel for Lando, but he made the decision to stay out - perhaps the team should have overruled it and brought him in?

Man of Honour
Stroll gets a 10 second penalty and 2 penalty points on his super license.

FAOPbWWWEAAMJLc.jpg

Soldato
Moo - your posts didn’t age well :cry:
Lando has this in the bag.

Bono been paid off by Sky to hype up imaginary rain

3 laps left only, Norris could go 8 seconds a lap slower and still win it

Was stupid to stay out after Ham pitted, had a massive gap to 3rd. Massive.

Your previous post called it - he had it in the bag. Easy to say he was stupid staying out after the race :p

Associate
Feel for poor Norris, team should have ordered him to pit.

Botta's can **** right off, he let clog boy straight past. Merc should sack him and put Russell in the car for the rest of the season.

On a separate note, bring back Martin, di Resta is a bad a commentator as he was an F1 driver!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom