It's funny how (fuel shortages)

Soldato
Brexit's coming home to roost then - ridiculous. there is no fuel issues in the rest of the world, several friends of mine in the EU say its absolutely fine over there, only the UK!
Nothing to do with Brexit, and no shortage of fuel in the country, it's just at the pumps due to panic buying.

Soldato
You may wish to actually read up on the situation rather than defaulting to the Brexit stance and accusing others that contradict you as 'Pro-Brexit'.

But Europe is absolutely fine, everyone getting all defensive over brexit on here :cry::rolleyes:

So, the world is fine.....the UK has gone fuel nuts.....does that mean it's a unique UK situation? Yes!

Why

Not as many lorries on the road....queue people panic buying.

Now it is a problem as not enough drivers will be able to compensate for increased demand.

No drivers due to brexit.

Super simple.

Soldato
Don't be daft, clearly you're pro Brexit - it is, because there is not enough EU lorry drivers in the UK now to deliver the fuel.......
You know there's a shortage of lorry driver in the EU as well.... the lack of drivers is not just a UK issue and lets be honest, not many people would want to drive lorry's, especially long haul, in this day and age which doesn't help fill the missing drivers.

The only reason we're in the current situation with fuel is due to the stupid people panic buying after taking notice of the (primarily) red top newspapers using scaremongering headlines to make out there is a shortage when EVERY other person in the supply chain is saying nothing to worry over...

Soldato
But Europe is absolutely fine, everyone getting all defensive over brexit on here :cry::rolleyes:

So, the world is fine.....the UK has gone fuel nuts.....does that mean it's a unique UK situation? Yes!

Why

Not as many lorries on the road....queue people panic buying.

Now it is a problem as not enough drivers will be able to compensate for increased demand.

No drivers due to brexit.

Super simple.
Have you bothered to read any of this thread?

Soldato
Set out at 5.30am to try my luck and everything is still sold out. The 24hr Tesco said to me they were expecting a tanker in the night but didn't show.

I'm busing it until this **** show gets sorted now.:rolleyes:

Soldato
Brexit's coming home to roost then - ridiculous. there is no fuel issues in the rest of the world, several friends of mine in the EU say its absolutely fine over there, only the UK!
Nothing to do with brexit.

There is a driver shortage across Europe and the USA, it's planned and the answer is driverless trucks

Soldato
Sky saying 90% dry at forecourts, this isn’t just going to be a flash in the pan type of deal. I can see prolonged problems for weeks.

perhaps anyone who voted for brexit should be pushed to the back of the queue at petrol stations.

Soldato
Sky saying 90% dry at forecourts, this isn’t just going to be a flash in the pan type of deal. I can see prolonged problems for weeks.

perhaps anyone who voted for brexit should be pushed to the back of the queue at petrol stations.
Most people (esp the older gen) voted Brexit for one thing - immigrants. They weren't bothered about price rises, shortages in various things etc. Those who decided to base their vote on what the newspapers agreed on should never vote again.

Tea Drinker
Don
We’ve just had what 18 months of what a tenth of the fuel being used, I think they’ve been caught short, since the schools have gone back the roads have been busier than ever. I don’t think they anticipated how much they need or needed to gear up again.

And the they being the fuel suppliers now blaming drivers brexit and anything else they can think of except themselves

Soldato

Again, why is this Brexit related? Are you also incapable of reading the previous posts?

Soldato
Don't be daft, clearly you're pro Brexit - it is, because there is not enough EU lorry drivers in the UK now to deliver the fuel.......
There's not enough lorry drivers in the EU you numpty! Poland has a bigger problem with a shortage of drivers than we do in the U.K.. One born every minute...:rolleyes:

https://trans.info/en/there-s-a-eur...o-uk-supply-chains-seem-more-disrupted-254524
https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/supply-...we-cant-blame-it-all-on-brexit/659841.article

Soldato
Back
Top Bottom