Trading the stockmarket (NO Referrals)

Associate
Does RR rise on anticipation or rumour of that Air force contract. Its better then I expected against wider market doubts, so the low we saw near 100p recently was quite bullish being higher then the prior low
RR has been awarded the contract so it will be interesting to see what happens to the price Monday.

Soldato
I would not of sold at 136 like, depends what you're in it for but I can see RR making a really good recovery towards 200p over the next few months, especially with increased traffic to US.

Soldato
I'm currently up 34% on RR. I'm in it for the long run though so won't be selling any time soon!

I guess I should try to take this attitude - I always saw it as a long term play but now with it being one of my most successful potential trades ever (in terms of trying to trade single stocks anyway) I'm letting emotion into it and becoming nervous when I should just stick to the plan!

Soldato
I'm currently up 34% on RR. I'm in it for the long run though so won't be selling any time soon!

I'm holding for now.
Selling my AML on Friday and grabbing more RR was a good call, just hope they don't have to sell the civil nuclear side of things, they're back into profit now after the restructure so we'll see where they go over the next 6 months, cant see me selling in the next 18 at the earliest though tbh.

Soldato
I guess I should try to take this attitude - I always saw it as a long term play but now with it being one of my most successful potential trades ever (in terms of trying to trade single stocks anyway) I'm letting emotion into it and becoming nervous when I should just stick to the plan!
Single stocks for the long-game far too distracting IMO. A healthy fund for long-term; single-stocks is what it is - gamble :D

Soldato
Single stocks for the long-game far too distracting IMO. A healthy fund for long-term; single-stocks is what it is - gamble :D
I think this is where I am. I too have some RR bought in at 91p so I'll cash out today. I've had too much of a rollercoaster on buying and holding single stocks, unless you are full time studying then it's too much of a risk. I have a chunk of TUI which is almost recovered to my buy in level but its been an investment that has delivered nothing ultimately - should have cashed it in when they were 100 up earlier in the year. Single stock will be a 3 month max for me and limited to 10 % of my portfolio. I'll keep a couple that are good dividend payers in my SIPP.

Soldato
I have recently decided to change my choice of stocks/ETF in my long term portfolio. What is the most sensible approach to changing a portfolio?

Would you sell all at once? Gradually take the money out of the existing portfolio or just leave it all in unless absolutely necessary?

I use T212 and have a pie that contains my portfolio. If I'm not mistaken all I will be paying is the bid/offer spread as these are all UK stocks in an ISA.

Soldato
RR confirmed earlier today they sold one of their subsidiaries for 1.5 billion quid, ITP Aero, part of fixing the balance sheet, they said earlier this year they wanna generate 2 billion in cash, they’ve sold shares in companies like air tanker too.

More or less a clean balance sheet now for RR

Soldato
Selling into strength seems reasonable for a trade. I'd hope RR can go further long term. The low in 2016 was 160 area so I'd expect that before having to sell much medium term. I presume we do repeat the lows and if its bullish, it'll be higher then 100p area we last saw; the ideal being sell the high & buy that low but can never tell where they are exactly.
The real thing that should drive RR is Asia is now using air travel and there are billions of people who've rarely left the country or had the convenience to travel even state to state like US does via air rather then train, etc.
Over decades being part of that growth would be a big deal, near term we have ongoing problems weak world GDP growth also higher oil is discouragement.

Theres a gap or air pocket in volume upto 160, its a reasonable hope it can glide that far. But also I dont know the graph is accurate now after they required funding etc. its an altered company from 2016 I guess

DOLLAR INDEX SPOT (DXY) Spot Rate - Bloomberg Markets

Back
Top Bottom