It's funny how (fuel shortages)

Associate
I thought this would blow over past the weekend after all the bored excitable Karen's had brimmed their awful cheap SUV's & lawnmowers, and gone back to work where applicable, but there's still big queues this morning!

Associate
With a day off I have just done the shopping, the local Morrisons had quite a long queue for petrol, felt quite smug trundling past in my frugal hybrid.

Edit: 2000 posts!

Soldato
Place near work has unleaded on all pumps. No diesel, so they have a guy at the entrance telling anyone with a diesel to bugger off. As a result theres barely any queue :D

Soldato
I think it's worse the closer you get to London.

This government is incompetent, not saying Labour would be better either. Grant Schaps (drives a Tesla) keeps saying there's no shortage, but every petrol station in Welwyn is closed, I'm confused.

Soldato
Suggest you read the thread as its been explained dozens of times.
I don't mean it literally.

It's like the government doesn't understand people are going to panic. What's the point in saying there's no shortage, when there's no fuel. It's not reassuring.

Caporegime
I don't mean it literally.

It's like the government doesn't understand people are going to panic. What's the point in saying there's no shortage, when there's no fuel. It's not reassuring.

There isn't a shortage. There's no fuel because, as has been explained many times, idiots caused an excessive spike in demand. As one person pointed out, a month's worth of sales in 2 days.

Soldato
It won't and we won't (and I say that as someone who voted to remain). There will be seveal years of pain and adjustment. Then the difficulties will be overcome and things will go on as normal just without the pro's and con's of free movement etc. I'm not convinced the initial fuel delivery shortage was caused by Brexit although it does seem to be a factor in other delivery shortages. But in a few years salaries for drivers will rise back up again to levels they were before we joined the Common Market and UK drivers will be attracted back to the industry. Anyone who thought there would not be a period of pain and adjustment was deluded. It will come right in the end. But I'm still not convinced this particular issue is Brexit caused.

Everything will right itself eventually. That's correct. But the outcome of the market righting itself will in all probability end up with more expensive goods and services, along with less consumer choice so despite wage increases in certain sectors, a lower standard of living on average, especially for those on low earnings and even those middle earners who get a relative pay increase. That's the reality.

In the meantime, what we've got to put up whilst we get there is shortages, unpredictability, inflation, interest rate rises, currency devaluation, tax rises, powercuts, reductions and deregulation of working practices and cuts in infrastructure spending, etc, etc, etc, with literally no tangible benefits. "But it will come right in the end.".

Soldato
I'm not sure the government is at stupid as people think. They know damn well if they tell people not to panic, they panic. Same with the media.

Something tells me this was all planned.

Unless they really are stupid?

Back
Top Bottom