Show Us Your Motors!

Soldato
New to me car:

Wasn’t the exact car I was after, but got it for an amazing deal, paying a few thousand pounds less than market price due to family member falling ill.

Just had the iDrive upgraded to version 6, with full screen CarPlay.

Timing chain needs doing, as it’s noisy, but only 65K miles so it’s a next 3 months type thing (only do few miles per month at the moment), rather than this week.

Overall, lovely condition and very happy with it :)

Soldato
IMG_20210926_163308.jpg

Soldato
Now that is awesome. "Hercules Hero", haha, very 80s Japanese!

I bet 200bhp NA is a riot in that.

I hope so, got a few jobs to do before I can register it and drive it. First point of order will be getting it to run right. It had a piggyback ECU on it when it was shipped that went missing in transit somewhere so doesn’t run properly at the moment (Starts and idles fine but stumbles when you give it any throttle input). Everything on the engine looks standard so I’m hoping I can just reverse the wiring install for the piggyback and it’ll be ok. Worst case, I have to install a standalone but it really shouldn’t need to come to that.

Last edited:
Associate
can’t hear the engine with aero and need a helmet, die hards run aero but I’d only ever use it for track personally

Yeah that is the plan. It's just the novelty of the aeroscreen for the last few days of summer weather :p. Will be tucked up soon for a refresh etc.

Although can't say I struggle to hear the engine but depends on the car to some extent. Sigma exhaust is on the driver's side so not difficult to hear.

Soldato
Yeah that is the plan. It's just the novelty of the aeroscreen for the last few days of summer weather :p. Will be tucked up soon for a refresh etc.

Although can't say I struggle to hear the engine but depends on the car to some extent. Sigma exhaust is on the driver's side so not difficult to hear.
Last aero Caterham I was out in was powered by a Kawasaki engine, couldn't really hear it with aero lol

Back
Top Bottom