• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

More GPU price increases!

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
My point being 'cant compete' if going by price is incorrect. Your point is they cant compete due to the shop postage situation. My passive reference here is they could easily nominate a UK partner seller.. or maybe you just one of them people who is awkward at discussions on forums?

For the record - all you said is and I quote:
Can't compete with a 3080 for 650 or a 3060TI for 360
with no extensions of why. You only countered specifics after my post.

I said AMD can't compete against Nvidia prices from their website

This is bull. You never said prices, or mentioned their website! :rolleyes: Stop making it up to sound like you posted coherent.

Associate
I mentioned NVIDIA FE very specific prices, it's not too hard to guess what site they would be from since they are literally only sold at that price from a very specific place,
from the moment I mentioned the price it's easy to deduce the reason it's because they are simply bloody cheap and AMD never bothered with the UK market for the past year, imaginary prices from their website with non existent GPUs being sold to the UK is no competition.

Soldato
Nothing stopping AMD partnering with a UK based retailer and selling a few reference GPUs. The fact is they CBA hence they use Digital River,located in the EU. Once we left the EU,they could have done something to remedy the situation,but haven't bothered. Its coming up to 10 months of "We are temporarily unable to process shipments to the United Kingdom." Nvidia,OTH,thinks the UK is a big enough market hence they bothered to partner with a UK retailer.

Associate
There are AMD cards almost always in stock on ocuk so not much else for AMD to do. Same with Nvidia that there is stock but no one willing to pay the prices asked.

I won’t buy a £1000+ graphics card to play, what is currently, a very sorry state of new PC games coming out.

Soldato
Officially least sunny location -Ronskistats
I mentioned NVIDIA FE very specific prices, it's not too hard to guess what site they would be from since they are literally only sold at that price from a very specific place,
from the moment I mentioned the price it's easy to deduce the reason it's because they are simply bloody cheap and AMD never bothered with the UK market for the past year, imaginary prices from their website with non existent GPUs being sold to the UK is no competition.

Being from where I am located I could select 'Ireland' a few weeks back, thus on the page I land on - looks like I can buy them when in stock...

Permabanned
Being from where I am located I could select 'Ireland' a few weeks back, thus on the page I land on - looks like I can buy them when in stock...

That's what I meant, 6900XT for £876 is totally better value than £1400 for a 3090. AMD lost opportunities but with BREXIT and all, they probably are punishing us in the UK.

Associate
Nothing stopping AMD partnering with a UK based retailer and selling a few reference GPUs. The fact is they CBA hence they use Digital River,located in the EU. Once we left the EU,they could have done something to remedy the situation,but haven't bothered. Its coming up to 10 months of "We are temporarily unable to process shipments to the United Kingdom." Nvidia,OTH,thinks the UK is a big enough market hence they bothered to partner with a UK retailer.

I wish they would sort something out to do this.

Associate
So would you say there is a Subspecies of Humans with a very low IQ.

Like tory voters / brexiteers? Or just stupid people generally?

I think it was just a good joke. No one can understand why the other guy votes for the idiots they do. Even worse if you argue on the internet about it. I prefer to discuss such issues in the pub - people are generally more willing to talk and not get offended, and have some respect for opposing opinions.

Associate
Exactly my thoughts. I'd imagine a 100 billion dollar company could divert some resources to sort out any issues relatively quickly..........if it wanted to.

Soldato
Dutch and Portuguese Shops Leak AMD Radeon RX 6600 Pricing

Got €600 to spare? Great, as that means that you can afford an AMD Radeon 6600 graphics card when they launch sometime next month. Courtesy of both a Dutch and a Portuguese computer shop, we now have an idea of what the cards will cost ahead of the retail launch which is said to be on the 13th of October.

The Portuguese shop also kindly posted pictures of the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6600, which comes as expected with 8 GB of GDDR6 memory, which it lists for €589.90. The Dutch shop was less forthcoming with their MSI Radeon RX 6600 MECH 2X 8 GB, but to be honest, it might not matter what these cards look like at these kinds of price points. The MSI card is listed at €600,41, so make sure you bring some coins as well.

Welcome to the new reality..:eek:

Soldato
Dutch and Portuguese Shops Leak AMD Radeon RX 6600 Pricing

Got €600 to spare? Great, as that means that you can afford an AMD Radeon 6600 graphics card when they launch sometime next month. Courtesy of both a Dutch and a Portuguese computer shop, we now have an idea of what the cards will cost ahead of the retail launch which is said to be on the 13th of October.

The Portuguese shop also kindly posted pictures of the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6600, which comes as expected with 8 GB of GDDR6 memory, which it lists for €589.90. The Dutch shop was less forthcoming with their MSI Radeon RX 6600 MECH 2X 8 GB, but to be honest, it might not matter what these cards look like at these kinds of price points. The MSI card is listed at €600,41, so make sure you bring some coins as well.

Welcome to the new reality..:eek:
Yeah, let's ask €600 for a card with the same performance as you could get for €400 2 years ago.

Associate
Both Nvidia and AMD keep pushing the "good news" back.

Didn't they both originally state H1 of 2021 for better supplies when the shortages first hit?

Back
Top Bottom