**The Official Everything MMA Related Thread**

Caporegime
Kinda sad to see Diaz like that to be honest, I know he’s always been a volume guy but his punches had no snap it was like he was sparring. He looked like he didn’t want to be in there at all. His heads not in it anymore. :(

Crazy 3rd round in that main event, both of those submissions looked like game over and he just smashed him afterwards. Unbelievable. What heart on Ortega as well as he was hurt real bad, face looked like burger meat and he wants to continue. Volk is an animal though, no holes in his game and cardio for days.

Last edited:

Ree

Ree

Associate
He looked like he didn’t want to be in there at all. His heads not in it anymore. :(

He said in an interview before the fight that he didn't want to do it (fight Robbie) and he hates fighting now. Deffo will be the last we see of Nick, probably a nice final payday being on the PPV.

Caporegime
He said in an interview before the fight that he didn't want to do it (fight Robbie) and he hates fighting now. Deffo will be the last we see of Nick, probably a nice final payday being on the PPV.

Yeah indeed, I mean he's said before that he doesn't like fighting but this week he really emphasised that point. Probably better for his long term health to hang them up.

Caporegime
He’ll fight someone good and get murdered. The whole ‘granite chin’ works till it doesn’t.

Pimblett got hit way too much in that fight, reminds me of Conor when he first came into the UFC. Only a matter of time until someone tags you real hard and it's lights out.

Aspinall on the other hand looked very impressive, he's so light on his feet he moves like a lower weight class. Very quick hands and power. Dangerous guy at HW.
As hilarious and likeable as Paddy is from a British perspective, every time he opens his mouth I cringe, hard. All of this "Scousers don't get knocked out mate" and "it's destiny innit like" nonsense is a sure way to end up eating your words and it's only a matter of time before he fights someone good who looks at his hands being constantly down and then sparks him out.

Aspinall, as you say, looks like a top contender. Big, powerful, fast and humble to boot. I like him a lot.

That fight was an embarassment and should never have happened if Nick was in that state. He looked seriously out of shape and defeated before the fight even started. Of course Dana was saying how "amazing" he looked in the post fight press conference... because he would never say anything bad about a Diaz cash cow...

Crazy 3rd round in that main event, both of those submissions looked like game over and he just smashed him afterwards. Unbelievable. What heart on Ortega as well as he was hurt real bad, face looked like burger meat and he wants to continue. Volk is an animal though, no holes in his game and cardio for days.
Volk is an animal, an example of single-minded determination in human form, and of course he deserved the win; but Ortega was a warrior and put everything he had into that fight. It was very satisfying to see Volk visible change his tune towards Ortega throughout the fight as he won his respect. Epic.

Last edited:
Associate
Horrendous home town result for MVP.... Poor fight all round but NEVER an MVP win for me

I thought MVP had lost it in the last round tbh, but you could argue that Lima did as little on the floor as MVP did on the feet, at least the strikes MVP landed on the feet we're mostly significant... but general MMA judging in a close fight is ground control in dominant position = win.

Soldato
Yeah I went, atmosphere was good although the main event was a snooze fest. Tickets were £45 and the view was pretty good!

That's not bad actually. I've been to a few UFC events and the price over the years slowly crept up into nearly 3 figures. I remember when Bisping fought Henderson in the Arena in the middle of the night the tickets were ridiculous money.

Caporegime
That's not bad actually. I've been to a few UFC events and the price over the years slowly crept up into nearly 3 figures. I remember when Bisping fought Henderson in the Arena in the middle of the night the tickets were ridiculous money.

I've been to a few UFC events in the UK; 70, 75, 80, 89, 105, 120 and the prices weren't too bad then IIRC, £25-£75. I haven't been for years because tbh I've never been that impressed with the cards and I'm not into MMA anywhere near as much as I used to be.

I also went to UFC 100 in Vegas which was obviously ridiculously good :)

Caporegime
Not sure if someone has already posted this, but Poirier vs. Oliveira (good test of i and e aptitude) is apparently now confirmed for UFC 269 on 11th December.

What a fight that could be.

No doubt McGregor will be all over social media desperate for attention and feeling a little left out.

Back
Top Bottom