Images of items I have purchased (except trainers)

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Be wary of m.2 heatsinks, you want the controller cooled (and only really if you're reaching thermal throttle levels which is typically ambient 70 degrees so won't throttle until much higher) but not the flash storage for everyday workloads and gaming. Most controllers won't reach their thermal peak anyway though as the operating temp is rather high. Unless you have cooling failure in your case then you're unlikely to ever reach it.

Gamers Nexus also have a long video but the above sums it up just as well. It's why I've not got a heatsink for my Samsung Evo Plus even though the cotnroller reports 61 degrees.

Associate
View from WTC.

Looking back to see Empire State

GQ7i0Dr.jpg

The 3 bridges - Brooklyn, Manhattan and Williamsburg (BMW)

gWshd3h.jpg

Looks great, had a look at tickets the other night and will definitely be going up. Thanks for the recommendation!

It's not just a big building to go up either, it's a proper choreographed experience. Well worth it.

Had a quick look at a youtube video, it seems to be an experience.

Soldato
Aldi ciabatta bread mix but ive chucked some chilli olive oil and sun-dried tomatoes in there
Also no i would have no idea how to make from scratch but i was given the bread maker :) 58 min rapid 1kg setting for a 500g dry mix

IMG-20210927-122932.jpg

Associate
Memorial was a must see for us already. Which building is in the picture?

I would advise the 9-11 museum as well as the memorial, but make time for it in a whole afternoon and don't have anything too exciting planned for after as it's a mentally draining experience.

Soldato
I would advise the 9-11 museum as well as the memorial, but make time for it in a whole afternoon and don't have anything too exciting planned for after as it's a mentally draining experience.
Good shout... we finished the day enjoying great food/good vibes in Hells Kitchen.

Soldato
View from WTC.

Looking back to see Empire State

GQ7i0Dr.jpg

The 3 bridges - Brooklyn, Manhattan and Williamsburg (BMW)

gWshd3h.jpg

Wow, I went up in the daytime, which was impressive, but at night must have been epic. I miss the place, have some great memories of all the things I did there seeing family and going places, I actually enjoyed getting on a train the most and visiting places out of the city, some great countryside 45mins-1hr + on a train, such as Sleepy Hollow.

Soldato
Yep, my wife :p She's the cyclist so she gets the good pedals. Just put a not as glamorous pair on this bike today for me to use tomorrow.

Change of plans from this post a few days ago, Virgin cancelled all our flights due to the 2nd leg of our outbound flight being cancelled :rolleyes: Looked at the same route on a different day but it added £££s.

Decided to look at New York instead and realised we could take that route on our way to Michigan and spend a few days there too (inc hotel) for the same price as the original flights. We lived in the US for 2 years and went to New York state twice, but never been to NYC. Staying a block from Central Park, super excited.

51516738404_876cb15491_c.jpg

I’m going there a week later to see it during the Christmas period.

Adding everything that’s been discussed ITT if there is anymore recommendations on food places would be awesome.

Caporegime
Wow, I went up in the daytime, which was impressive, but at night must have been epic. I miss the place, have some great memories of all the things I did there seeing family and going places, I actually enjoyed getting on a train the most and visiting places out of the city, some great countryside 45mins-1hr + on a train, such as Sleepy Hollow.

I have a routine when visiting any Skyscraper or high view point landmarks in any cities.

1 - look up sunset hour when you are visiting.
2 - go up to arrive 30mins before sunset during golden hour
3 - stay until dark

Then you get to see golden hour and then the blue hour after. If you take your time doing time lapses and long exposures then the hour to 90mins will fly by.

O9cYd13.jpg

Axk5m85.jpg

Caporegime
I’m going there a week later to see it during the Christmas period.

Adding everything that’s been discussed ITT if there is anymore recommendations on food places would be awesome.

A bit touristy and New Yorkers would probably say there are better….but Katz Diner is a must for at least once, as is Russ & Daughters for the Salmon (Lox) Bagel, also Magnolia Bakery. They are all pretty much New York institutions, especially Katz Diner, appearing in several classic movies.

Associate
I have a routine when visiting any Skyscraper or high view point landmarks in any cities.

1 - look up sunset hour when you are visiting.
2 - go up to arrive 30mins before sunset during golden hour
3 - stay until dark

Then you get to see golden hour and then the blue hour after.

A few years ago we went to Las Vegas for Christmas and I planned Christmas dinner at the Stratosphere. I researched the best time to sit down and eat while seeing the sun set, tipped the waiter to ensure we got a window table. As the Stratosphere Restaurant slowly rotates you get to see the full 360 degrees of Las Vegas. Not as an impressive city skyline as some but it was still pretty awesome.

Back
Top Bottom