Golf Thread

Soldato
So 11-5. Basically all over.

A Ryder Cup to forget in pretty much every way. Very poor performance by Europe with not much in the way of leadership that I can see from Harrington. No European supporters allowed so just a xenophobic mob of chanting American morons.

Also not looking like a fitting send-off for Poulter in what will undoubtedly be his last appearance.

Soldato
It wasn’t great and hasn’t really set up for a decent day today going to be over pretty quickly, can see a lot of rounds not even being completed.

Yanks just too good this time round, miles better. The Spanish lads the only ones that turned up for Europe.

Soldato
So 11-5. Basically all over.

A Ryder Cup to forget in pretty much every way. Very poor performance by Europe with not much in the way of leadership that I can see from Harrington. No European supporters allowed so just a xenophobic mob of chanting American morons.

Also not looking like a fitting send-off for Poulter in what will undoubtedly be his last appearance.

Do they not get tired of shouting USA? Sounds more like a football match at times.

Caporegime
The USA team has been much better throughout, it's been like watching professionals v amateurs since the first round not even close.

Associate
Well.....roll on 2023 to try again, congrats to the USA all played really well.

At least in the next one we won't need to put up with a fully American crowd (believe it's in Italy as far as I can remember).

Soldato
At the end of the day for me - USA team is simply much better/younger than Europe.

That American team could play together for years to come pending an odd change here and there.

European team had far to many passengers coming in, way too many out of form players. Westwood, Hatton, Casey, Poulter etc.

I could see Mcilroy and Hovland making the next team - the rest - I doubt it.

Personally had no issues with the beer drinking, thought it was funny. Brooks should be reprimanded for the way he spoke to the officials (I think in a PGA tour event he would have been), Bryson was classless with his "gimme" nonsense.

The crowd - No major issues with they way there were - Standard hyped up crowd, always going to cheer the European team into bunkers/missed putts etc.

Europe need to go back to at least 4 picks, and need to find some proper long term young talent.... Can't rely on the "old" guard any longer.

Associate
Agree with booyaka.
Been watching the Ryder cup since 85, and this was the best USA team I have watched. They were relentless and played some great golf.
Virtually all the team have had good years on the tour, and it showed.
Also, think about who did NOT make the team.......Na, Reed, Horschel etc. They have great depth at the moment.

Ironically, Europe is now in a position the USA were in for a few years. One or two superstars, and a backup cast.
Many had no form coming in, and the result was no surprise in the end.

Initially, I was quite annoyed at Harrington's picks, as I felt they were sentiment based, but it all fairness it made no difference.
Who else could he have realistically picked? Recently, the pool of talent has shrunk alarmingly.
Sad for Westwood, Garcia, Poulter & Casey, but I cannot see any of those guys playing in a Ryder cup again. Time to move on.

Soldato
Whilst I do have i210's on order - not paid anything yet, I'm starting to get frustrated now as Ping have simply stopped giving an estimated timescale - just nothing now. Just about 20 weeks since I ordered and nothing is forth coming.

Went for a fitting at Affordable Golf today - not really expecting much as some of these places (chain golf stores) can be very pushy with certain brands etc. How wrong was I - 45 minute appointment for irons - turned into 1hr 25 minutes of hitting, specs, numbers etc.

Very knowledgeable guy, hit loads of different clubs. Quick rundown from memory. (most stiff shaft of some kind and 0.5" longer, 2 degrees upright)

New P790 - Not for me - numbers ok, but very "clicky" sounding and doesn't look particularly appealing behind the ball.

Cobra King Tour MIM - Looks nice classic look, felt fairly dead off the face and fairly high launching

Titleist T200 - Just not for me - far to high launching, very spinny and nothing special to look at. Tried heavier shaft to bring down the launch but still way higher than anything else. Tried T100's but slightly too scary to hit/look at for me.

Callaway Apex - Good numbers, nice flight, easy to hit, not the best looking

Cobra King Forged TEC - Very good flight, great numbers, felt great......Sounded awful.... Literally awful to me (super clicky) - Shame as the numbers were excellent, good carry, nice flight, good spin....

Mizuno jpx 921 forged - Almost identical to the Cobra Forged in terms of numbers and flight - but sounded so much better and felt like a mizuno does.... buttery soft off the face.

I jumped back to the Cobra Forged Tec really quick after the Mizuno and again - struck them great but the sound....just no chance I could play them..... Such a shame as looks good and numbers were excellent.

Really nice guy, very knowledgeable, no rush at all, plenty of options to choose from (literally hundreds of options) - Was impressed with the setup and not pushy/sales at all.

Time for some serious thinking about what to do.... The Mizuno's were great. I got him to let me hit the i210's as well - hit them well straight after....But the Mizuno's were lovely.....

Soldato
I can't believe the lead times on Ping. Have you contacted direct?

American Golf has a delivery time of 1st Jan also as I've been to try similar clubs but wasn't impressed as they seemed to push me towards the Taylormade P790 as I was hitting good numbers. Power spec numbers had me hitting a 7 iron 190 yards apparently :cry:
Power spec are not for me.

Loved the look of the Titelist T100s and also hitting good numbers but dispersion was a little off in comparison to the i210.

Back
Top Bottom