*** The Official Battlefield 2042 thread***

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

Just dropped in to see peoples ideas.

Its ******. They ****** it again. EA dropped the ball. Aaaaagain.
No gameplay peeks not even beta peeks.
Still no beta dates despite it being probably 6th october and 4 days only.
still the chance they might delay again.
All the marketing chat about how we going to see so much stuff ..... yet oooooo silence.
They ****** it up again.

Caporegime
No sign of it yet they have been very quiet, hope it's soon...must be we are weeks away from a release lol.

We're currently in dice panic stations mode, the games been delayed, people are ****** off, they promised a demo, they don't have one so theyre currently slapping together something passable for release at some stage. The fact they're unable to even tell us a date says it all, if they had something ready or nearly ready surely a date would be out there? But nope, they played the "later in the month for info" card which gives them to Thursday.

Amusing really, earlier in the year it was "the games ahead of schedule", a data leak happens, dice\ea still go ahead and announce release dates for BF like the data leak is no big deal, then suddenly the games delayed, the "beta" is delayed and they are running about like headless chickens stalling for time.

A multi billion dollar company that honestly couldnt organise a pissup in a brewery.

Associate
They can have as much time / silence as they want imho.

The game was always going to be released before it's ready anyway so if they can make it less of a shoddy release, go for it.

I for one can wait a bit longer!

Caporegime
Spoken like a true die-hard Battlefield fan. :)

Play it long enough and the cynicism and dismay with EA will gradually take over.

Wouldn't say im a die hard fan, just fed up with the bs that always goes with these games and lack of info due to them holding out to the last possible minute to say anything.

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

seemingly Wednesday we have a beta announcement incoming along with a trailer not sure if I believe but one more day to go

Associate
I can't imagine that it's out anytime soon. The alpha, or whatever the recent open play demo thing was, was horrendously buggy and incomplete but I guess to each their own if they want to pre-order.

Caporegime
I can't imagine that it's out anytime soon. The alpha, or whatever the recent open play demo thing was, was horrendously buggy and incomplete but I guess to each their own if they want to pre-order.
It was confirmed that had been intentionally hobbled as it wasn’t a beta of sorts, it was a test to stress the servers and other systems.

Associate
It was confirmed that had been intentionally hobbled as it wasn’t a beta of sorts, it was a test to stress the servers and other systems.

I can believe that as it improved each day, so they were probably increasing scaling to see where there threshold was. Hopefully the actual game elements were also cut down while the more complete implementations were being worked on because it looked and performed pretty poorly.

Soldato
I honestly think they daren't do much of anything, following on their absolute cockup of promoting BF5 and where that got them, I think they are scared to release any details/footage/dates due to doing the wrong thing and going down the same road as BF5 marketing did. I mean the saying "if you don't like it don't buy it" is still in peoples minds and the world is waiting for another BF mistake, they know it'll be the final nail for them.

After the last round, I think I would play it like they have this time round, the less details people have the happier their minds are with nothing negative to dwell on. Every-one has gone crazy over the one thing they've done wrong already and that's move it 3 weeks. All they need to do at this point is win some hearts and minds, a nice gameplay trailer this week, and a solid beta, then silence till launch - keep it simple.

Associate
I do my usual thing, play the Open beta.
Then if gameplay works and is there then order the game.
I skipped bf1 and bfv due to dice messed up gameplay.

BF2042 looks like they bring back some fun again.
Open beta decides.

Back
Top Bottom