petrol stations price discussion (was ‘chaos’)

Soldato
Drove to Peebles via Edinburgh and back today. Passed lots of petrol stations, no queues. No signs saying they had ran out and all the pumps seemed to be in order.
I filled up on Saturday, drove straight in.

Must be an English thing, as things seem fine up here!

Associate
I work evening/nights mostly at the moment - I'd have to get to work ~2 hours early then wait up to 5 hours at the end of my shift for the first bus home - screw that.

Not really feasible to cycle either.

Sounds like lazy words to me, you'd better be doing a 16 hour shift in between that 7 hour estimated travel time.

Man of Honour
I say everyone should continue panicking buying all the remaining fuel so that I can stay home until everyone else is bored of queuing for it. Long may it continue .

I have quite a bit of holiday to use up as not been much to take it for so bring it on.

Don't think it would go down so well when deliveries of goods stops though hah.

Caporegime
Drove to Peebles via Edinburgh and back today. Passed lots of petrol stations, no queues. No signs saying they had ran out and all the pumps seemed to be in order.

Yeah i currently have 3 friends all away in scotland atm at different locations and not one of them say there has been any queue anywhere at any petrol station. Its just us English who have gone mad it seems, especially down south.

Caporegime
just because there are no queues off peak, doesn't mean grabbing a cheeky half when you pass is absolved

Absolved, wow. People should be worried they won't be absolved by an unimportant person on the Internet. Damn those people looking out for their own interests! Damn them! The blame game in this thread, is nearly as bad as the covid one. :/

Permabanned
I have quite a bit of holiday to use up as not been much to take it for so bring it on.

Don't think it would go down so well when deliveries of goods stops though hah.
Well I travel all over the place in my works van so without fuel I can’t travel.

As for goods the majority of stuff being delivered non essentials that we all do without anyway.

Soldato

Both near me (one BP, one Shell) were coned off yesterday afternoon when I drove home from work. The Shell one was pretty rammed when I passed it the other day.

Man of Honour
I didn’t queue this morning, but a huge station is getting petrol overnight, so I may as well, especially with the spending limit. Lots of lift and coast today :p

Roads were quiet other than the huge petrol queues.

Soldato
I usually run my tank fairly low before filling up.
Friday when it all really kicked off here I still had 100 miles left according to fuel computer so didn't bother filling up.

I'm down to 25 miles, & pretty much every garage & supermarket nearby is out.

Man of Honour
I usually run my tank fairly low before filling up.
Friday when it all really kicked off here I still had 100 miles left according to fuel computer so didn't bother filling up.

I'm down to 25 miles, & pretty much every garage & supermarket nearby is out.

I usually do the same, won’t be doing that for a while!

Soldato
I have to go to Costco later this evening. With two thirds of a tank, I have enough fuel for a couple of days but Friday might be touch and go.

If the fuel station is relatively quiet, do the OcUK Motors Morality Rules permit me to top up my tank tonight so I don't have to bother filling up later this week? :p

How long am I allowed to queue up before I move from 'I was here and it was just convenient' to 'panic buying moron'?

Man of Honour
I have to go to Costco later this evening. With two thirds of a tank, I have enough fuel for a couple of days but Friday might be touch and go.

If the fuel station is relatively quiet, do the OcUK Motors Morality Rules permit me to top up my tank tonight so I don't have to bother filling up later this week? :p

How long am I allowed to queue up before I move from 'I was here and it was just convenient' to 'panic buying moron'?

All rules out the window at this point. Especially with the buying limits.

Back
Top Bottom