New World MMO

Associate
Open beta was around 39gb so it would be nice to think a reduction has come about due to some performance/delivery improvements.

Bifrost could be a good call. Some UK interest shown but nothing zergy going on.

A reddit survey of ~1400 results was made over the last week and the following site put up to show the info: https://newworldsurvey.netlify.app/

Think I will be rolling up on Bifrost. Seems to be a few UK companies and players are going to be on there so seems a reasonable choice

Caporegime
Are there any disadvantages if I pass for the next few weeks and join in then or will I get behind ? didnt play the beta so whats the main aim of the game ? loot and craft
you get the advantage of seeing which servers arent one sided thanks to streamers and if anyone is still playing in 1-2 weeks
Cheapest price for this? Thought you would have gotten a discount if prime member, but no :(
Its 35 quid they probably could sell just as many copies at 40, 45 or 50 thanks to modern game prices.
I'd argue it's pretty reasonable

Associate
Are there any disadvantages if I pass for the next few weeks and join in then or will I get behind ? didnt play the beta so whats the main aim of the game ? loot and craft

Unless your goal is to be number 1 in something then no, you won't miss out. As with all new releases there will be a steady stream of players new to the game over the next few weeks.

Waiting a week may actually be a good thing as on launch there will be choke points where everyone is a similar level and need to kill that one named boss (previous patch notes have said such scenarios are improved). A couple weeks down the line you may find some stats which might better help your decision of server to join in respect to player numbers and distribution across factions (many polls suggest faction balance should be pretty good but then it's the viewpoint of people already interested in the game who will shrug things off like Covenant being 'zealots').

Associate
Taking a punt. I've barely been on my steam account the last year or so and still had 25 quid in the wallet from a gift which is nice.
Good to see the preload is up. Even if it falls flat on its arse after a few months I will had got my moneys worth.

Have had a read and looks like the brits are heading to Midgard or Bifrost?
So long as I avoid the "streamer" ones.. nothing personal just they will be more rammed than the petrol station :D

Caporegime
Taking a punt. I've barely been on my steam account the last year or so and still had 25 quid in the wallet from a gift which is nice.
Good to see the preload is up. Even if it falls flat on its arse after a few months I will had got my moneys worth.

Have had a read and looks like the brits are heading to Midgard or Bifrost?
So long as I avoid the "streamer" ones.. nothing personal just they will be more rammed than the petrol station :D
midgard has a bunch of streamers all going syndicate and one has 122k followers so probably ends up dominating the server, and if they start playing some other game loads of the server pop will leave with them so your on a dead low pop server

https://www.streamersonnew.world/list

Bifrost seems way better according to that site.
I'ma skip buying the game for atleast a few hours until it's clear wat servers arent unbalanced

there's going to be loads of no skill zergs surely just ruining the fun

Last edited:
Associate
midgard has a bunch of streamers all going syndicate and one has 122k followers so probably ends up dominating the server

https://www.streamersonnew.world/list

Bifrost seems way better according to that site.
I'ma skip buying the game for atleast a few hours until it's clear wat servers arent unbalanced

there's going to be loads of no skill zergs surely just ruining the fun

ill be joining bitfrost by looks of things from what ive seen its got the less streamers

Associate
I'm leaning towards Bifrost having looked at a ton of stuff lately.

It could be one of the 'cool' name server that naturally attracts people so expect there to be queues.

Back
Top Bottom