Energy Suppliers

Caporegime
Any way to find the rates?
I seem to have a real. Issue finding my local unit rates to these variable tariffs
They haven't been announced yet but it's safe to assume we'll be protected by the price cap and within a few pence of other suppliers a month.

I know I'm screwed regardless, was on an economy 7 tariff with Green and used around half my energy off peak while it was 11.6p a kWh.

Caporegime
6IE3RxB.jpg

So that's the tariff (thanks @TheVoice)

It's 1p a unit cheaper on gas than my current switch (which I can cancel). But I get 200 pounds cashback for switching.

Might stick with my switch
Wonder if its worth cancelling

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

They haven't been announced yet but it's safe to assume we'll be protected by the price cap and within a few pence of other suppliers a month.

I know I'm screwed regardless, was on an economy 7 tariff with Green and used around half my energy off peak while it was 11.6p a kWh.

Economy 7 users will transfer over to an economy 7 tarriff.

Man of Honour
6IE3RxB.jpg

So that's the tariff (thanks @TheVoice)

It's 1p a unit cheaper on gas than my current switch (which I can cancel). But I get 200 pounds cashback for switching.

Might stick with my switch
Wonder if its worth cancelling

If my switch to Sainsburys doesn't go through (still no reply from them) and I end up on that tariff I will be much worse off as those prices are terrible, the standing charges are a rip off.

Associate
Just had the email from Shell, that I am switching to them from Green.

The prices don't look that great from the sound of it. But are probably about the best I can hope for.

Caporegime
This is my Scottish Power tariff pending switch

Think I might actually go ahead with it. If shell is that expensive and it does rise in April it would be crazy to stay on variable. (I think)

Some rough mental maths makes me think that with the 200 cashback in 6 months these two tariffs (shell and Scottish) will probably work out the same

7yqSkKh.jpg

Soldato
Yup, those Shell prices are really high for me (eastern region), I'll stick with my switch to Sainsbury's.

Electric
Shell 21.985p/kwh / 28.58p/day
Sainsbury's 20.01p/kwh / 24.02p/day

Gas
Shell 4.271pp/kwh / 30.78p/day
Sainsbury's 3.85/kwh / 26.12p/day

Yikes.

Caporegime
Yup, those Shell prices are really high for me (eastern region), I'll stick with my switch to Sainsbury's.

Electric
Shell 21.985p/kwh / 28.58p/day
Sainsbury's 20.01p/kwh / 24.02p/day

Gas
Shell 4.271pp/kwh / 30.78p/day
Sainsbury's 3.85/kwh / 26.12p/day

Yikes.

Yours is a lot better than mine!

Man of Honour
Well that's just ******* great. Just got a email from Shell so I guess my switch to Sainsburys isn't going ahead. The Shell tariff is much more expensive, a extra 10p on each standing charge, almost a extra 3p per kwh on electricity and 0.6p per kwh extra on gas. With all the better of the poor deal gone this is going to be a very expensive winter!!

Soldato
Well that's just ******* great. Just got a email from Shell so I guess my switch to Sainsburys isn't going ahead. The Shell tariff is much more expensive, a extra 10p on each standing charge, almost a extra 3p per kwh on electricity and 0.6p per kwh extra on gas. With all the better of the poor deal gone this is going to be a very expensive winter!!

No, the switch will still go though. I've had emails from both.

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/n...n-ceases-trading---here-s-everything-you-nee/

If you are in the process of switching, your switch will still go through
If you've already started to switch away from either Avro Energy or Green, you will continue to be moved to the new supplier you have chosen. You should not need to do anything. Your direct debit to your current supplier should be cancelled automatically, but check anyway, and if not, cancel it manually after your switch completes. Any outstanding credit will be paid to you by the supplier Ofgem appoints – see above for more.

If you're in the process of switching to Avro Energy or Green, the switch should go through as planned, although you will then be automatically switched to the new supplier Ofgem appoints.

Caporegime

I think I've got the worst deal I've seen of anyone so far.

Soldato
Of course all these credit balances are placed into bank accounts earning interest. If a company like British gas with millions of customers even has £200 of credit on average per customer and has 5 million customers that's £1 billion sitting in various accounts. Even if they get 1% interest that's still £10 million just for sitting on the money!

I think it was OVO that actually paid out 3% on credit balances which increased to 5% the longer you’re a customer.

Annoyingly it seems Green have gone bust too. Just had an email moving me to Shell.

Back
Top Bottom