• Digital Only Version

Votes: 171 16.1%
  • UHD Optical Version

Votes: 660 62.3%
  • Unlikely to buy either

Votes: 228 21.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Just finished Kena. I really enjoyed it a few bugs near the end but otherwise a nicely polished game. Considering this is Ember labs first game I’m really looking forward to what they do next.

Soldato
I'm currently playing through Kena and really enjoying. Reminds me of the good old days when we'd get plenty of good SP games. Plus I'm a massive fan of these sort of adventure games.

Associate
I have come to realize a headset of some sort would be useful for my PS5.
Was about to order the pulse headset, but before I do, I remembered my Sony WH-CH700n headphones have a mic. Would they work?
If I connected them via a long USB cable, do you expect any issues?
I am away with work so cannot test atm.

Man of Honour
I wonder what my feeling will be months down the line, once the ‘newness’ of the PS5 wears off. I can imagine exclusive games and those on game pass drawing me back to the XSX, but I’m enjoying the PS5 much more as an overall package currently. Wish I had bought one sooner. Game pass is a huge draw back to the XSX though - that said, it depends on the releases and they haven’t mentioned back compat fps boosted games in ages.

Associate
I wonder what my feeling will be months down the line, once the ‘newness’ of the PS5 wears off. I can imagine exclusive games and those on game pass drawing me back to the XSX, but I’m enjoying the PS5 much more as an overall package currently. Wish I had bought one sooner. Game pass is a huge draw back to the XSX though - that said, it depends on the releases and they haven’t mentioned back compat fps boosted games in ages.

Game Pass is a big plus for the XSX but, as a long-term PC user, I don't personally find the library all that appealing ; I've already played most of the stuff I want to and many of the titles are just filler ( subjective, I know ). Plus, I don't think MS has a particularly good line-up of exclusives on the horizon. The PS5 is also lacking new games for this generation but, for someone like yourself who is new to the PS environment, there is a huge back catalog of top notch exclusive titles to play, particularly from the PS4 generation. In contrast the previous generation of Xbox games was underwhelming.

So, I'm confident you should get quite a bit of mileage from the PS5 before it begins to lose its lustre. And by then the new Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War titles should be with us ... hopefully both as good as their predecessors.

Man of Honour
Game Pass is a big plus for the XSX but, as a long-term PC user, I don't personally find the library all that appealing ; I've already played most of the stuff I want to and many of the titles are just filler ( subjective, I know ). Plus, I don't think MS has a particularly good line-up of exclusives on the horizon. The PS5 is also lacking new games for this generation but, for someone like yourself who is new to the PS environment, there is a huge back catalog of top notch exclusive titles to play, particularly from the PS4 generation. In contrast the previous generation of Xbox games was underwhelming.

So, I'm confident you should get quite a bit of mileage from the PS5 before it begins to lose its lustre. And by then the new Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War titles should be with us ... hopefully both as good as their predecessors.

Exactly, it’s a great place to be in. Plus quite a few of the back catalogue games have had some decent enhancements to utilise some of the PS5s power. I’m like a kid in a candy store :p

Soldato
Game pass is always going to be like that, 90% of the games don't interest me. The ones that do though mean that gamepass has paid for itself due to not buying those games. I wish they did deals on the ps now, don't think I've ever seen that for a quid a month.

Associate
Finally managed to bag the disc version on amazon this morning, after 5-10mins of refreshing and adding to basket only for it to say empty. So perseverance pays even if it seems like a lost cause, I was so close to thinking 'sod this they've all gone'. Now, what games to get an play first......

Soldato
Finally managed to bag the disc version on amazon this morning, after 5-10mins of refreshing and adding to basket only for it to say empty. So perseverance pays even if it seems like a lost cause, I was so close to thinking 'sod this they've all gone'. Now, what games to get an play first......
I sent the link to my friend after I got a stock alert and he had the same experience as you. Had to try a few times before it worked

Caporegime
I regret buying mine. It's gathering dust.

Should have stuck to what I usually do and buy 2-3 years into the life cycle. At least then there are some games you want to play. Right now, there isn't much. I really don't wan to replay PS4 or earlier games, which is most of the PS5's library.

Soldato
I regret buying mine. It's gathering dust.

Should have stuck to what I usually do and buy 2-3 years into the life cycle. At least then there are some games you want to play. Right now, there isn't much. I really don't wan to replay PS4 or earlier games, which is most of the PS5's library.
So why not sell it, someone would snap your hand off.

Soldato
Game pass is always going to be like that, 90% of the games don't interest me. The ones that do though mean that gamepass has paid for itself due to not buying those games. I wish they did deals on the ps now, don't think I've ever seen that for a quid a month.

Swear I had a trial for 99p just last month.

Edit 21st Aug I paid £1 for a month.

Soldato
VRR/ALLM firmware update is being rolled to Sony tv's in china currently so hopefully it won't be long until PS5 gets it too. Rumour is December.

Back
Top Bottom