** Diablo 2 Resurrected Thread **

Man of Honour
Thought I'd have a quick bash as it's been a couple of days. Exactly as I remember it (but with better graphics obviously). Just what I wanted from the game. No complaints from me, especially as I paid for it with tokens from WoW ;)

Same for us, we've just finished a big session, we all played D2 when it first came out all those years ago, we've had a right laugh tonight, its been just what we wanted :)

Soldato
Yep, can't complain (especially for free) with the extra bonus that it works flawlessly on Linux via Wine. I do wish they'd do the original Diablo game too, though there is an open source Freeablo project that's been around for a while and slowly updating things. Had a quick look at that last year and looks promising, but the releases are infrequent.

Going down the rabbit hole, I wish they'd do Warcraft & Warcraft II as well.

"My liege"
"My lord"
"We're ready master (I'm not ready)"
"Stop poking me!!!!!"

:p

Last edited:
Soldato
Thought I'd have a quick bash as it's been a couple of days. Exactly as I remember it (but with better graphics obviously). Just what I wanted from the game. No complaints from me, especially as I paid for it with tokens from WoW ;)

Oh, how do you do this? I have a couple of million gold sat there doing nothing as I don't play retail.

Soldato
Oh, how do you do this? I have a couple of million gold sat there doing nothing as I don't play retail.

Buy tokens from the Auction house, and redeem them in WoW for Blizzard account balance, bad time to buy now though, since they are 300k gold each, I bought loads when they were almost half that price.

Soldato
Think I have something silly like 20m gold sat there, and considering I haven't played apart from a quick level to 60 in Shadowlands I might just use some of it. I played all through WoD and Legion where gold making was stupidly easy :D

Soldato
Refunded after an hour or so. Would rather keep my nostalgia as after a short amount of time i had to come to terms with the fact that as much as i loved D2 back in the day the 45 year old gamer in me just doesnt have that same paitence :)

Soldato
Think I've probably done a few too many hours to get a refund but God it's awful.

I loved the original and whilst all I wanted was the old one remade, I thought they would have at least made a base effort to get rid of some old outdated garbage mechanics and terrible AI interfaces.

The hit boxes are wonky as hell, the fact enemies can hide behind terrain which doesn't go opaque is hilariously bad, the running animations the characters look like they have soiled themselves and a raft of other niggles they could have easily, easily ironed out without effecting the vanilla experience.

They've basically re-skinned it to grab some cash from mugs like me :p

If I can't get a refund I'll play it through as one last nostalgia nod to good memories but blizzard have, as usual, rubbed people's noses in it.

On the plus side it has reminded me how much I love PoE and started a new character again on that :p

Man of Honour
I'm liking it, its all I wanted, which was Diablo 2 with newer graphics. Thats all I wanted and thats all I got, I'm happy with that.

I played a lot of PoE but finally two things caused me to shelve it, first was that the game is just too rushed, its all jump here fill the screen with spell effects jump here fill the screen with spell effects, half the time the screen is just a blur of motion and you cant see squat. Its just too fast for my tastes and the second thing is that it annoys the living bejesus out of me that take too long in a zone and previous zones respawn. Winds me up no end that. But I did get a couple hundred hours out of PoE before I just couldnt take it anymore. D2R will tide me over for a few months which is all I ever expected or wanted of it.

Soldato
I am surprised at all the whining here. I killed Baal yesterday and had a total blast. I wanted to replay D2 but was turned off by its mouse controls and old graphics, this remastermake solves both issues. Graphics looks gorgeous and faithful to original, while gamepad controls are brilliant and more fun than mouse. I played Druid for the first time and the combination of summoning and casting meteor showers, hurricanes, volcanoes and what not doesn't get old.

Now I am deciding whether to continue on nightmare, or finally play Diablo 3 which I own for PS4 but never played (its cartoon graphics always turned me off).

Soldato
I'm really enjoying this - got totally addicted. Only problems is Duriel is just killing my amazon almost instantly. I've had to spend some time replaying the various Tal Rasha tombs over and over to get some better gear before re-attemping.

Soldato
Now I am deciding whether to continue on nightmare, or finally play Diablo 3 which I own for PS4 but never played (its cartoon graphics always turned me off).

I'm a massive D2 fan but just couldn't get on with the 3rd. I played it through, finished it, never went back to it. I keep going back to the second though.

Soldato
Never played the original properly. I've made a stealth and leaf on my sorc. Got downed by Duriel a few times despite slow from frost. Going through act 3 currently. There's some things I prefer over D3 and other mechanics I don't like as much. The atmosphere, look and difficulty so far are all better than D3 where mobs just feel like matchsticks for the most part and it can appear a little cartoon like. A blend of the two for D4 would be perfect.

Associate
From the Google:
You can see the total amount of game time active on your account by visiting the Battle.net Management Account Summary page, and clicking on the World of Warcraft account
Maybe if you click Diablo instead of WoW - it will also work :)

In my opinion, Diablo 2 Resurrected is a very good game and I played MUCH better than similar productions such as Path of Exile or Wolcen - in general, I wanted to play Diablo, unlike the above-mentioned titles. Unfortunately, this game was a great game when I was a kid, now only the graphics have been improved. Therefore, the game is too short, new locations, new acts, and more items are needed.
If Blizzard doesn't add new content, players will quickly get bored

Man of Honour
I've played about half of Act 1 so far, building an Avenger. Strictly SP only though. I've not played since 2007 when it turned out my Tesladin/Shock Zealot really didn't work in Hell difficulty. I'd forgotten a couple of things:

1) The tiny inventory space on you. But at least they greatly expanded the base storage.
2) That you can't have an aura and an alt-attack at the same time.

It seems very primitive now, compared even to D3, but I'm getting back into it.

Back
Top Bottom