It's funny how (fuel shortages)

Soldato
^^ yeah I'd say whenever it goes in to the red/fuel light comes on then it's time to fill up, preferably just before...I'd hope (and there probably is) there's actually much more miles left than the computer says but it's a bit of a gamble to ignore the warning or rely on the computer going down so low. Even if you've had it showing '3 miles left' or whatever and driven for longer it's no guarantee

the fuel gauge turns to red in my car when the computer says about 70 miles left....the tank only takes about £60-70 worth of diesel

Man of Honour
Around 9pm one of the fuel stations in town had a delivery according to one of my drivers, at around 9:40pm it took 2 of the other drivers around 30 minutes to do a stretch of road which usually takes 30 seconds because the queues were 200+ yards to get in! at nearly 10pm... when I went past at 11:30pm half the pumps had yellow out of fuel signs on them and the queues for the remaining ones was back to the road (usually there is like 1 car in there max at that time).

One of our guys popped in there to buy some stuff for break and apparently people were trying to surreptitiously fill Jerry cans.

I didn't even bother stopping.

V F

V F

Soldato
Soldato

V F

V F

Soldato
She went full retard, yet a minister was somehow responsible for that? How do these people's minds work ffs? :confused:

It was a possible threat of a tanker strike that never came to be but he was advising people to store 1 gallon tanks of petrol. I remember him saying it on live tv to fill up these tiny canisters incase of the strike and of course, panic. Yet the strike never happened.

Fear is powerful.

I also heard tonight someone went to fill up their car for 90p during this madness.

Soldato
It was a possible threat of a tanker strike that never came to be but he was advising people to store 1 gallon tanks of petrol. I remember him saying it on live tv to fill up these tiny canisters incase of the strike and of course, panic. Yet the strike never happened.

He never told people to decant it in their kitchen while cooking though

Man of Honour
She went full retard, yet a minister was somehow responsible for that? How do these people's minds work ffs? :confused:

From the linked newspaper story:

She was pouring the petrol into a glass jug for her daughter’s car as she cooked dinner when vapours were ignited by the gas hob. Her family put the blame squarely at the Government’s door.

Even if the entire government had issued a formal press release telling people to hoard petrol (which, of course, they hadn't), it would still have been entirely her fault. Pouring petrol into an open-topped container in a warm small enclosed room close to open flames. It's like eating obviously rotten food and then blaming the entire government for the resulting food poisoning because one person in the government said too much food was being wasted.

Man of Honour
"The Army has been put on standby to help ease pressure on petrol stations and deliver fuel after days of long queues and pump closures."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58713770

Thing is at least around here it isn't a shortage of supplies - they've had deliveries most days - but it goes in like 2 hours - a good bit of that seems to be people brimming on top of already having an almost full tank and filling containers :s so not sure what the army is going to do other than shoot people who don't actually need to be filling up :s

Last edited:

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

There is zero shortage just delays on drivers.
But what there is
A lot of fuel stored up in them tanks that aint been used sincve the 2020 slow down as well as aviation fuel for sure.
Fuel does expire.
So its simple the tank farm owners ask the murdoch pals to print some ****.
Which they did.
And we flock to the pumps to use up all that unused stock.
It is just business.

Same is already happening in the big farms already breeding turkeys
Already the news is warning us omg no turkeys for xmas
Those first turkey batches gonna be bought up right away under starters orders!!!

Caporegime
"The Army has been put on standby to help ease pressure on petrol stations and deliver fuel after days of long queues and pump closures."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58713770

Thing is at least around here it isn't a shortage of supplies - they've have deliveries most days - but it goes in like 2 hours - a good bit of that seems to be people brimming on top of already having an almost full tank and filling containers :s so not sure what the army is going to do other than shoot people who don't actually need to be filling up :s

Perhaps a minor bayoneting as a first warning

Caporegime
There is zero shortage just delays on drivers.
But what there is
A lot of fuel stored up in them tanks that aint been used sincve the 2020 slow down as well as aviation fuel for sure.
Fuel does expire.
So its simple the tank farm owners ask the murdoch pals to print some ****.
Which they did.
And we flock to the pumps to use up all that unused stock.
It is just business.

Same is already happening in the big farms already breeding turkeys
Already the news is warning us omg no turkeys for xmas
Those first turkey batches gonna be bought up right away under starters orders!!!

Wait so you think petrol stations have been full for over a year?

Or refinery product tanks have been full over a year?

You seriously over estimate storage.

Back
Top Bottom