Have a small semi detached ....

• Thread starter Deleted member 236143
  • Start date

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

Okay long story on this
dark story too nevermind all that this house is mine now.
Small semi detached 2 bedroom
Had it what nearly 3 years!!
Cleared stuff out
Stripped walls down.
Garden still needs work.
I want to just lay fabric all over it then mulch bark on top for the weeds.
Driveway needs weeded and cracks filled in.

But this

***No disguised swearing*** neighbours seem paranoid about an empty house.
They want me to sell they keep on telling me I am losing money paying tax etc I could sell.

Yeah I could sell house has no kitchen nice rural semi 2 bed I could sell 120k probably then some builder some homer takes it turns it into 180k easy

But ******* neighbours man - ooooh we are getting weeds ooo this that ****. It is quiet!

They seem paranoid house is going to fall down because is empty.

My idea is get it rewired - it neeeeeds that - get a kitchen - bit of decor - and rent it see how it goes

But just really annoying neighbours be like ooo sell it sell it - any more of your **** I will sell it to a heavy metal band for a ******* studio!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 236143

D

Deleted member 236143

OP
also to add for the neighbours they do not know - if i like - I can afford to pay taxes and bills on this empty ass house over 20 years!!!! I am flush enough but is none of their god damn business.

Soldato
In all seriousness, given the general tone of the opening post, I can quite easily imagine a complete and utter eyesore of a garden and a house in complete ruin that is generally bringing the desirability and value of those around it down significantly.

it would be wise to renovate to a suitable standard for letting.

Soldato
In all seriousness, given the general tone of the opening post, I can quite easily imagine a complete and utter eyesore of a garden and a house in complete ruin that is generally bringing the desirability and value of those around it down significantly.

This. Please post pics so GD can either totally agree with you OP or side with the neighbours and tell you to get it sorted.

Soldato
OP I'd question why did you bother. Three years ownership to just strip some walls down. Man that has to be the slowest piece of DIY ever. At that rate you'll be dead before getting a kitchen installed.

I reckon you've taken on more than you can chew. Bought the house cheap and now don't how to do it up.

Hardly surprising the neighbours are whinging. Literally ******* money up the wall.

Soldato

Exactly my thinking :p

Soldato
I think your neighbours want you to sell the house in case you decide to move in.

An empty house can be a target for all sorts of vermin, squatters included.

Associate
Yeah ignore neighbours and carry on.

Also install sound system to play loud DIY type noises

:cry:

I like this idea.

But 3yrs is a long time to do not much. Gardens aren't difficult to keep on top of if you like manual work. Now, and for the next 6 months is prime time to sort the garden, weeds be weeds and will grow anywhere come spring, that's what they do.

Just be sure you don't get invasive weeds or shrubs growing, because then you'll be in for extra never ending work. Quick and cheap solution is rip it all out and grass seed the lot. Decent weed strip is expensive. The driveway weeding is a 5min job.

What's the condition of your fence like? A bush can be an easy install and potentially cheaper than a new fence.

Make sure house heating is okay to prevent damp. Outside of house wants to be sound (paint/seals), get that done now.

Then take all the time you want inside.

But pics really are needed.

Back
Top Bottom