Gigabyte M28U Release Date

Associate
reduces the imput lag significantly (4ms to ~2ms)
New Firmware
Native Resolution 4.6 ms
Native Resolution @ 60Hz 13.1 ms
Variable Refresh Rate 5.9 ms
Variable Refresh Rate @ 60Hz 15.4 ms

Old Firmware
Native Resolution: 11.0 ms
Native Resolution @ 60Hz: 20.9 ms
Variable Refresh Rate: 7.0 ms
Variable Refresh Rate @ 60Hz: 15.9 ms
Just a general PSA for those of you still running this firmware - I've heard of compatibility issues with HDMI and DP at high resolutions after upgrading to F06
I upgraded to F06 and haven't found any issues so far.

Associate
Mine arrived yesterday. Fantastic screen so far.
I've heard that the latest firmware (F06) reduces the imput lag significantly (4ms to ~2ms) but it looks to have been pulled from the website.

Just a general PSA for those of you still running this firmware - I've heard of compatibility issues with HDMI and DP at high resolutions after upgrading to F06

F03 is the latest available firmware - https://www.gigabyte.com/Monitor/M28U/support#support-dl-firmware
No issues with F06 here which has been installed since the day i got the monitor

Associate
I’ve also had F06 installed since it’s release and it’s been fine over DP, however when using USB-C to my MacBook I’ve lost the ability to use anything above 60hz.

Reported to Gigabyte and they recommended reverting back to F03 for now, which I’ve yet to do and likely won’t.

Associate
Unfortunately I think I've discovered why the return rates for these screens are so high. I've found a fault with the screen front and centre, almost like a small puncture in the sub-pixel array beneath the LCD itself. Will be RMA'ing this to get a replacement. One of those things that once you notice you can't stop...

Soldato
Just pre ordered on OcUK hopefully a delivery is due soon.

After comparing all the other monitors around that size and at that price £660 its the one I'm going with.

Looking forward to getting the Series X and PS5 connected to it.

Associate
Just pre ordered on OcUK hopefully a delivery is due soon.

After comparing all the other monitors around that size and at that price £660 its the one I'm going with.

Looking forward to getting the Series X and PS5 connected to it.
I reckon you won't be disappointed! Although i don't use mine with a console, i've been more than impressed with the performance, quality and visuals of the monitor :)

Soldato
Unfortunately OcUK still have no updates regarding new stock arriving.

Just have to keep waiting. At least my pre order is in.

When was the last time they had stock does anyone know ?

Thanks Ben

Associate
I spoke to customer services 3 days ago regarding expected delivery of the M32u as I had seen other UK sites had started to list it for pre order. They said they expect a delivery within 1-2 weeks. Does that also mean the M28u will have similar delivery times? Unsure.

Soldato
I spoke to customer services 3 days ago regarding expected delivery of the M32u as I had seen other UK sites had started to list it for pre order. They said they expect a delivery within 1-2 weeks. Does that also mean the M28u will have similar delivery times? Unsure.

I hope so.

If I hear anything I'll update on here.

Back
Top Bottom