Monzo/Starling Banking/Revolut

Soldato
Anyone else have a complete resign in process when opening starling app today. Had to do the whole video face speech, change pin and all sorts. Was fine logging in last night.

This has just happened to me and I can't get a mobile signal due to being offshore. Does anyone know how to force the mobile to go onto wireless calling?

This has made me rethink using Starling, I'm essentially locked out of my account with no alternative way to access.

Soldato
Caporegime
Pretty simple to set up and activate the account. ID verification was a bit annoying, driving license photo is quite old so didn't match and it asks that the ID photo is taken on a dark surface so took quite a few attempts for it to accept a photo of my passport.

Soldato
I spanked 300 quid on a watch earlier from a random chap on the internet based in the US. I used Cash App - which if you haven't used it, gave literally Google's FX rate from GBP to USD. Worked exceptionally well; super basic app that does what it says on the tin.

Soldato
I did, there's nothing I can do until I'm connected to my phone network again. I'll be shifting my account at the earliest opportunity.

You can change but the same could happen to any online or app banking service. The only difference being with a traditional bank you may be able to call them and carry out some simple transactions like moving money around. You also may not, it depends if you have telephone banking set up and if you can remember your details for the telephone service which are different form those online.

Soldato
Pretty simple to set up and activate the account. ID verification was a bit annoying, driving license photo is quite old so didn't match and it asks that the ID photo is taken on a dark surface so took quite a few attempts for it to accept a photo of my passport.

I've just got my email too. Just a few questions if you don't mind answering as i'm struggling to find the answers

Can you add a joint policy holder?
What's the cashback after the first year?

Also the roundup feature seems decent, i wonder if i could find somewhere where i could just make loads of 5p transactions so i can build up that 5% savings account quickly :p

Soldato
I've just got my email too. Just a few questions if you don't mind answering as i'm struggling to find the answers

Can you add a joint policy holder?
What's the cashback after the first year?

Also the roundup feature seems decent, i wonder if i could find somewhere where i could just make loads of 5p transactions so i can build up that 5% savings account quickly :p

I'm not impressed with the JP Morgan offerings. Many accounts already had moneybox intregration for round-up and saving/investment, but really round-up don't amount to much.

1% is nice cashback is nice, but only for a year, and most other rewards beat it unless you are spending £2k a month on qualifying purchases.

I think the best thing about the account is the ability to use Chase ATMs in the US, and possibly the foreign ATM limits since Monzo and Revolut start charging after £200 a month.

Last edited:
Soldato
Might have Chase as a backup account for my US holiday. Starling haven't given me notifications for over a week which is annoying but the team said they are working on it.

Soldato
Got the Chase invite but no Google pay so I'm out , the android app reviews are not very flattering either .
I noticed the android reviews were bad, but I was set up in minutes. I don't know what all the moaning was about, I had zero issues. Passport photo and selfie worked fine, no issues with lighting as suggested in one of the reviews I read.

Soldato
Got the Chase invite but no Google pay so I'm out , the android app reviews are not very flattering either .

Seems they rushed the release without getting a lot of things in place first, such as account payee confirmation, switching service, also not a member of the authorised push payment support code. If the iOS app is anything to go by I can see why the Android version gets bad reviews. I found it pretty unresponsive. I had to type like a granny to get it to register my inputs. It's very basic at the moment. I'm sure it will improve though.

Back
Top Bottom